Chapter 10: Echoing Thoughts

You wake up the next day, confused.  You were laying up against the back of the couch, next to Sans.  The last thing you remember was that you were on Twitter and then you fell asleep.  Then something clicked in your mind.  Sans had that nightmare last night.

You look over towards Sans, who was sleeping peacefully.  He looked at peace after you comforted him.  Smiling, you get off of the couch and went into the kitchen.  You looked in the fridge and frowned.  There was nothing in there but things to make spaghetti.  You remember the hotdog you got from Sans.  You walk back to the couch and see it, still in it's bag.  Grabbing the bag with the hotdog in it, you walk into the kitchen and eat it at the table.

As you finish the hotdog, you take out your phone and decided to check the time.   It was only nine in the morning, which was surprisingly early for you to wake up.  You normally wake up after eleven or twelve.  Hearing something coming from the living room, you turn your head from your phone and smile.  Sans stared at you and smiled groggily.

"Morning sleepy head.  Have a good sleep?" You knew you wouldn't have to ask.  You knew what the answer probably be.

"Besides the nightmare, it was pretty good.  Thank you again for comforting me last night after that happened." Sans stared into your (e/c) eyes and smiled sadly.  You walk out of the kitchen and flopped on the couch beside him.

"Don't be.  I had nightmares a lot since you left my life for so long.  I would have nightmares of my loved ones dying or myself dying.  I understand the feeling you had.  Anyway, enough of nightmares.  Want some coffee?" Sans nodded and you smiled.  They had a coffee maker but no coffee.  You put your jacket on and run out into the cold of Snowdin.

"Hello again (Y/N)!  What shall I get you today?" The purple bunny woman from behind the counter at the shop smiled sweetly at you.  You had just enough left to buy the bag of coffee. You thanked the woman and walked back to the skele-bros house.

You walked in and noticed Sans, laying on the couch with his eyes closed.  You quietly walked into the kitchen and started making the coffee.  After a few minutes, the coffee was done. Opening the cabinet, you pull out two mugs: one saying "Pun-Master" and one saying "Best Skeleton In The World".  You pour the coffee into the mugs and brought them into the living room.

You tap Sans's shoulder to get ahold of his attention.  His eye sockets shot open and he sits up. He stares up at you and smiles.  You smile back and hand him his mug.  You decided to take the "Pun-Master" mug to tease him.

"Why don't I get the pun master mug?" Sans wined.  You laugh a little and took a sip from the mug.  He pouted a little before he smiles back up again.  You and him start talking about random things until you both finished your coffee.

"Well, I think I should continue onward.  I should see if I could maybe free you guys from this prison." Sans looks up at you, worry in his eye sockets.  You knew the risks of moving ahead but you wanted them to be free.

"I don't want to lose you again (Y/N).  I lost you once to something I couldn't help and I don't want to lose you to something I could prevent." You hugged Sans and he immediately hugs back.  He starts tearing up.

"I will be okay Sans.  I can take care of myself." You smiled and Sans just gives you a sad smile back.  You knew Sans was afraid and wanted to protect you but your not a little kid.  You did self defense classes when you were younger just incase something would happen in the future.

"Fine." Sans looked reluctant to let you go still.  You let go of him and he did the same to you.  You smiled at him and walked over to the front door.  Opening the door, you walk out into the cold air of Snowdin.

You walked for what felt likes hours before you stopped when it started to rain.  You put your hood up and started walking again.  You kept walking and walked into a very beautiful area.  It was full of blue glowing flowers.  You remember Sans talking about these flowers.  They were said to grant you your wish if you said your wish to the flower.  You decided to try it out anyway. You crouched.

"Well, I guess my wish is to see if Sans has the same feelings as I do.  I know we are best friends but I want to see if we can become more so that is my wish." You stood up and decided to go through and listen to some of the other echo flowers.

"So? Don't you have any wishes to make?" It is a passing conversation from at least two monsters it seems.

... hmmm, just one, but... It's kind of stupid."

"Don't say that! Come on, I promise I won't laugh."

"... hmmm... if I say my wish... You promise you won't laugh at me?"

"Of course I won't laugh."

"Someday, I would like to climb this mountain we're all buried under, standing under the sky, looking at the world all around... that's my wish." You heard laughter

"Hey!  You said you wouldn't laugh!"

"Sorry, its just funny... that's my wish too." The conversation ended after those words were spoken.  You walk forward towards a clearing.  It was just all blue cave wall with some vines or something against the wall.  You heard heavy breathing and hid behind the vines.  There was a conversation between two people, but you tuned it out.  When you heard footsteps, you decided to start walking again.

After one step though, a spear appeared over your head, ready to kill you.

Chapter 11: Battling Undyne: Coming Soon!

A/N: I own none of the characters.  Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale and it's characters, is the owner.  I only own the story and it's plot line.