Chapter 5: The Skelebros

As you were walking, you saw a twig and decided to step over it.  You were being cautious because you didn't want to get killed by anything else at the time.  You already fought things like Froggits, Whimsuns, and poor Napstablook, all sparing them.

After you stepped over the twig and started walking again, you hear something break.  You turn around to see that the twig was broken in two.  You start getting scared and start walking backwards.

"W-Who's there?" You ask with no response.  Turning back around, you start running.  You only stop when you are in front of a bridge.  It looks as if someone was trying to stop something from continuing on but failed.  The posts were to far apart to stop anyone from going any further.

"Human.  Do you know how to greet a new pal.  Turn around and shake my hand." the deep, male voice said.  You slowly turn arounds, scared about what was behind you.  He stuck his hand out and you put your hand in his...

PFFFT

You hear a whoopie cushion go off under you hand.  You start laughing your ass off as you end up falling on the ground.  "The good old whoopie cushion in the hand trick.  This is defiantly Sans." you thought as the guy started to chuckle.  You finally open your eyes, not being able to when you were laughing, you looked up at the person talking to you.  Just as you suspected, it was Sans.  Your pun-loving, car-free, and lovable skeleton you were best friends with.

"The old whoopie cushion in the hand trick.  Always funny.  Anyway, I'm Sans, Sans the Skeleton.  What's your name, kiddo?" He asks, with a sweet tone in his voice.  You look up at him, confused.

"So he doesn't remember me?  Well sh-! " "Shut up thoughts" You yell at your thoughts.  You then decide to tell him your name, hoping he will remember you.

"My name is (Y/n), (Y/N) (L/N)."

"That's a nice name you got there kiddo.  It reminds me of someone but I can't put my phalange on it." he states.  This really broke your heart.  It would hurt that someone forgot you, yes, but your best friend forgot you?  That really hurt.

"I get that a lot." you lied.  You just got to the Underground and met two people you adore to find out they forgot you.  Which means your other friends must have forgotten you too.  Sans looks at you with a sad expression.  He could see the hurt in your eyes.

"Hey, kiddo.  I'm sorry I can't remember you if I knew you in the past.  It's hard for me to remember a lot of things these days." Sans says as he looks at you with sad pinpricks.  He looks as if he is about to cry or something so you do something you wouldn't normally do to someone. You hug him tightly.  He freezes up a little bit but relaxes into your hug and hugs back.

"Anyway, I am supposed to be looking for humans right now but I don't really want to.  Messing around with them is much more fun."  You smiled as you hear these words.  At least your knew your best friend wouldn't kill you.

"My brother Papyrus on the other hand, he is a human hunting FANATIC." Well shoot.  Your best friend's brother is now hunting you.  That really sucks.

"But don't worry.  He is harmless.  He couldn't even hurt a fly even if he tried." Sans said finally, after waiting a few seconds.  He liked your surprised face to him saying that.  Something about you reminded him of someone but he didn't know who.  His mind always went fuzzy when he was trying to think of who you reminded him of.

"Well, I believe Papyrus is up ahead.  Go ahead and go over the bridge.  He put the bars to far apart to stop anybody going through." Sans smiles as he goes... the opposite way he was telling you to go?  You knew Sans was a strange person but that was just weird for him.  You shrugged it off and walked forward.

You walked past a lamp, which was very similar to your body shape but it was to short for you to hide behind.  You would have hid behind the rock or the random station next to it.  Walking over to the station, you look at the back of it.  There is ketchup, mustard, and relish.  It looks like someone either sells hotdogs here or just eats it just because.  Leaving the station, you continue forward.

You end up walking on a path towards a box with a sign next to it.  You ignore the sign and open the box.  There is something inside of it but you decide to leave it in the box.  You put some off your monster candy in the box and shut it back off, hoping you could get your stuff back sometime.

You walk until you meet up with Sans and another skeleton, who was much taller that Sans. The taller skeleton turns to look at you and turns back towards Sans.  Sans turns towards you and looks at the taller skeleton.  They spin faster and faster until they are both looking at you.

"OH MY GOD SANS!  IS THAT A... HUMAN?" You recognize the taller skeleton's voice.  It was Papyrus!  Papyrus was like your brother more than a friends.  Whenever you went to visit them when you were younger, he would be the first one to greet you.  He would always hug you and treat you as if you were the sister he never had, which made you smile.

"Um... I think that's a rock Papyrus." Sans states.  You look behind you and surely enough, there was a rock behind you.  Papyrus looked upset.

"OH..." Then Sans give you a playful smirk and you smile at him.  You knew he had something up his sleeve.

"What's in front of the rock?" He smiles as he looks at Papyrus.  He knew he would be happy to see you.  Papyrus's eyes light up with happiness, which made your smile grow wider, if that was possible.

"SANS, IS THAT A HUMAN?" Sans looks at him and smiles even more.

"Yes." Papyrus's eyes are now as big as saucers.  You laugh at his expression.  The innocent cinnamon roll was happier than ever.

"OH MY GOD!  HUMAN, YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS AREA!  I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL STOP YOU!  I WILL THEN CAPTURE YOU! YOU WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE CAPITAL.  THEN I... I... I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.  CONTINUE ON... IF YOU DARE! NYEHEHEHEHEH!" Papyrus runs out of sight.  Then he pops back in with another "NYEH" before running off again.

You laugh about the whole thing.  Between the rock and the spinning made you laugh non stop. His laugh also got you.  Sans stared at you and chuckled.  That laugh, he couldn't put his finger on it.  He remembered that laugh somewhere but he just couldn't remember.  It sucked that he couldn't remember for the life of him.

"Thanks for making my bro happy, (Y/N).  It means a lot to me." You smiled at him.  You knew that Sans cared for his brother more than anything in the world and your respected that.

"No problem.  Well, I should go and meet up with Papyrus.  Bye Sans!" You run off, but not before you see Sans smile at you.

Chapter 6: More Puzzles and Remembering Something: Coming Soon

A/N: I own none of the characters.  Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale and it's characters is the owner.  I only own the story and plot line.

A/N 2: I was going to make two chapters today but I had writer's block.  I might be making it tomorrow but I might try to do it tonight right after this so be sure to watch out for Chapter 6! :)