Chapter 4: Heartache

As you follow Toriel down to the basement, you notice there is nothing there.  You wonder why she went down here in the first place.  You keep walking down the hall way until you see toriel again.

"You wish to know how to return "home," do you not?" she asks with a hurt tone in her voice.  You nod your head sadly.  You don't want to leave but you know that you have to.

"Ahead of us lies the end of the Ruins.  A one-way exit to the rest of the Underground.  I am going to destroy it.  No one will ever be able to leave again.  Now be a good child and go upstairs."  she walks off quickly as she said those words.

"Should I go back upstairs or follow her?" You thought before deciding to follow her.  You keep walking until you meet up with her once again.

"Every human that falls down here meet the same fate.  I have seen it again and again.  They come.  They leave.  They die.  You naive child... If you leave the ruins... They... Asgore... Will kill you.  I am only protecting you.  Do you understand?" she asks before she turns back towards you.  You nod your head slowly.

"... go to your room." she walks off again after saying that.  You follow her again and same as before, you meet up with her once more.

"Do not try to stop me.  This is your final warning." and she walked off again.  You were tempted to go back upstairs and stay with her forever but your mind kept telling you to move on.  So you followed once more and met up with her one more time.

"You want to leave so badly?  Hpmh.  You are just like the others.  There is only one solution to this." she turns towards you and fireballs appear in her hands.  You stumble back, scared.

"Prove yourself.  Prove to me that you are strong enough to survive."  She starts fighting with you.  You try to talk to her about this but you can't think of anything to say to her.  Then, fireballs come hurdling towards you at a very fast pace.  You dodge them, barely, and you don't get hit.

You decide to try to talk to her again but nothing comes out of your mouth.  She throws fireballs at you again and you get hit by one.  You drop on the floor in pain but you stand back up.  You try to spare her.

"..." Toriel throws fireballs at you again and you dodge them all.  Your turn comes around again and your spare her again.

"...." More fireballs.  You are getting tired of all the fireballs coming towards you.  As you try dodging, you hit about three of them and you fall down on the ground again.  Toriel looks regretful but doesn't do anything.  As you stand up, you spare her again.

"....." Toriel looks like she is going to break any moment now.  More fireballs, which you dodge easily.  After about two hours of fighting, she gives up.

"If you truly wish to leave the Ruins, I will not stop you.  However, when you leave... Please do not come back.  I hope you understand." Toriel hugs you and she starts to sob quietly.  You hug her back and start crying too.  It was hard to say goodbye to her but you knew you had too.

"I promise I won't come back... mom."  She hugs you tighter as you said that word.  Mom was something you never expected to say again but you did.  She finally let you out of the hug and walked away.

You sigh as you open the door and start walking.  As you were walking down the long, purple corridor, you were thinking of the time you and Toriel had had when you were younger.  The games, the movies, everything you and her did together.

You sobbed a little but stopped as soon as you reached another door.  You open it and start walking.  You keep walking until you come upon someone you never wanted to see again: Flowey.

"Clever. Verrrryyy clever.  You think your really smart, don't you?" Flowey seems as if he wants to kill you once more.  You nod your head, knowing that your smart.  You were doing high school classes in middle school.

"In this world it's Kill or Be Killed.  So you were able to play by your own rules.  You spared the life of one single creature." Flowey looked at you with a smirk on his face.  You didn't know what was happening at the time but you just kept listening.

"Hee hee hee... I bet you feel really great.  You didn't kill anybody this time.  But what will you do if you meet a relentless killer? You'll die and you'll die and you'll die.  Until you tire of trying.  What will you do then?" You know that you wouldn't stop trying.  You knew with the Determination in your veins wouldn't let you die.  You survive fireballs for pete's sake! What could be worse than that.

"This is SO much more interesting." He states as he starts laughing maniacally.  You see him disappear underground and start walking until you reach a door and open it.  It lets in a cold breeze as you walk out into... snow?  You shut the door behind you and lean against it.

"I guess I should keep moving ahead." You think as you start walking to who knows where.

Chapter 5: The Skelebros: Coming Soon

A/N: I own known of the characters. Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale and it's characters, is the creator.  I only own the story and plot line.