Chapter 1: Remembering

***Flashback***

The brisk, autumn wind was blowing through your (H/L) (H/C) hair while you were waiting for the school bus to come and pick you up.  It was your first day of seventh grade and you were excited to get to school so you could see all your friends, especially your best friend Sans.

Sans was a pun-loving, laid back, and lovable skeleton who loved making people smile.  He would either prank you, say puns, or play jokes on you.  Normally, he would tell you puns but last year, he began playing more pranks on you than saying puns.

The bus came rumbling down the hill and came to an abrupt stop, waiting for you to get on.  You climbed onto the crowded bus and sat down in an empty seat.  You started remembering about the pranks he used to play on you as the bus started to pull away.

Whenever you went to his house to tutor him with math, science, etc, he would sometimes say he needed to use the bathroom or get something from his room and "trip" and fall down the stairs.  You always ran over to him to see if he was okay and he would always act like he was unconscious.  Sometimes you were gullible enough to believe he was and panicked.  You would always laugh your ass off once you found out he was just pranking you.

Another prank he did sometimes was when you punched him in the stomach or somewhere and a ketchup packet or bottle would explode onto his hoodie and you would believe he was dying. Every time he did this, you would scream and apologize over and over and over again until he announced that it was only a prank.  You then would punch him again and would laugh until you both were crying.

The bus soon pulled into the school drive and you hopped off of the bus and ran straight into the school.  You ran to your table that you usually sat at with your friends and waited for Sans to show up.  All your other friends showed up besides Sans.  You were upset, thinking that Sans didn't want to see you.  Then a set of phalanges covered your eyes and a deep voice said "Guess who?"  You laughed before speaking.

"Hmmm.... I don't think I know who's talking.  It can't be Papyrus, it can't be (Y/F/N).  I have no clue." you spoke as a giggle started to come out of your mouth again.  Sans laughed before removing his hands from your face.

"Hey (Y/N). I missed hanging out with you." Sans stated as he sat down next to you and stared into your (e/c) pupils.  You smiled as you hugged him, happy to know your friend showed up to see you.  He froze for a second before hugging you back.  You could sense his smile on his face grow bigger.

"I missed you too Sans.  I missed your SAN-sational puns." You giggle at your pun.  He chuckled soon after he found out what you had said.

"So you are saying you were pretty BONE-ly without my puns." You and him both laugh and tell each other jokes until it was time to head to your first period class.  You were so happy your best friend was here and nothing could ever make your friendship end.... or could there?

***Flashback Ends***

You sniffled a little bit at the memories of your times with Sans.  It has been eight years since the Monster and Human war had happened and all the monsters were trapped under Mt.Ebott.  You missed Sans a lot.  Ever since the war, you have secluded yourself from the rest of your friends and family, not answering their texts or calls.  You were upset, even though you just turned twenty-one about five weeks ago.

You stared at the picture of you and Sans from when you had went to a school trip together when you were younger.  Sans was smiling so brightly and your smile was genuine.  Now all of your smiles have been faked.  You remembered back in about third grade that Sans had been wanting to climb Mt.Ebott to see what was up at the top.  You looked at your backpack and made up your mind: You were going to go to Mt.Ebott and climb it to make Sans proud, even if he was there or not.

Chapter 2: Falling Down: Coming Soon

A/N: I own none of the characters. Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale and it's characters, is the owner. The only thing I own is this story and plot line.