His Wicked Melody Seven

Astraea's POV

Before I realized I had said anything, all of the teachers' heads turned to me. So did Jason's. All of the memories flooded back, from the day I first met the mean bully, to the day he stabbed me with his knife.

I hated to say it, because of what he did to me, but he was damn sexy. And, I don't use the word sexy, ever. With his dark brown hair while he had a small scar under his right eye. I could tell easily, he had a growing six pack. He had the bad boy vibe within him, I could feel it. If I was ever to be normal, we would've been like twins. We looked that similar.

He looked at me, and in his eyes, he remembered me. I wanted to know his reaction, what he saw when he looked at the girl he had murdered years ago. And strangely, his reaction was far from what I expected. He looked at me, straight in the eye, and gave me a small apologetic smile. Why would he do that?

With all of the teachers' attentions turned to Jason, he leisurly walked over to the table where I sat, and sat down across from me. What was his plan for this? To understand his enemy, or did he really not know I was that little girl he killed so long ago?

"Hey," He half whispered, looking at me.

I nodded at him. He seemed to know he worked with the Other Court. I stood up, and he followed. I needed to get information. With a bunch of gossiping teachers in the same room, it wasn't really the ideal place to question someone.

I closed my eyes for a second or two, to try to get a reading on him. I couldn't tell anything. And searching for his aura? There was none. At. All.

There were only 2 people who had no auras. The dead/dead's ghost and someone like me. Was there a person like me for the Other Court?

I brought him outside, and then looked at him. I had a feeling he wanted information too. It seemed like a fair enough trade.

"My motorcycle," He told me, expressionless.

I would've told him I had my own, but, it was best for now. If he had seen my motorcycle, he would've memorized the plate number. And, frankly, I had no idea where we were going. He got on his motorcycle and motioned for my to get on. Steadily, I climbed onto his motorcycle and put my hands on his shoulders. He was well built, and probably worked out.

Normally, I wouldn't be shy, or care for what people have thought of me. I have no aura, and no emotions at all. Neither did he. But when he started to drive away, I felt exposed under the stares of the teachers as they all watched the two of us leave.

~~~**~~~

He stopped in front of an old park almost no one went to anymore but to vandalize. And usually, that was late at night. It was a good place to discuss what we were to discuss, a place I would've probably chosen as well.

We walked casually in to the park. The only person I saw was a jogger with head phones on. She wouldn't be a problem at all.

"What brings you here, Jason?" I asked him, as we still strolled along.

"Well, I got caught having sex with the vice principal. She got fired and, the board voted me out for being a bad influence," He replied, as if it was the most normal thing to say in the world.

"You know," I said slowly, "that's not what I meant."

Jason sighed and combed his hair with his hands. He didn't really seem like he wanted to tell me. Why not? Also, there was a small trace of guilt I felt within him. But he couldn't feel guilt. He wasn't normal.

"I wish I could tell you everything that's happened in my life, but I can't." He said surprisingly.

What was his tactic in this? Was he trying to gain my trust, to see if I would accidentally slip some important information? Or was he trying to befriend me, and join him at the Other Court? I've never seen his kind of tactic before. It just didn't make sense.

"Why not?" I asked him.

He stopped walking, which made me stop too. He looked at me with an expression that could almost be thought of as caring.

"It's too.." His voice trailed off, still looking at me.

The intensity of almost kindess filled his eyes as he looked into mine. I'd admit, his gray eyes were seductive, and beautiful. But I still remembered what he did to me, he killed me.

"I'm sorry," he said finally, "I'll tell you, another day. Or never at all."

Realizing I could've just easily read his mind, I entered his.

I really wanted to tell her that...

Then there was moments of silence in his mind.

"I'll bring you to school," he offered, it was getting kind of late to bring me back to the Dunkin Donuts for my motorcycle.

We walked slowly back to his motorcycle and I held on to his shoulders yet again.

Before he started he told me, "It's safer to put your arms around my neck."

I was surprised by his statement, frankly. I still could not get a good reading on what he was trying to accomplish. But I at least had found one thing. He wasn't normal.

Slowly, I put my arms around his neck. If I were to be normal, I would've blushed or had said it felt nice, but I wasn't. There was something though, which was a strange reaction to just putting your arms around someone's neck. But there was still something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

We drove to the school in silence just as we had been going to the old park. I wasn't long until we reached there and people stared, looking at the new kid and me.

Jason was about to go to the popular crowd, to be hit on by many desperate girls. But before he did, he told me something.

"I can read minds too, Astraea."

Then he walked off.