"Daddy, Look At Me"

“It’s my son” Calum rushed though the hospital, “he’s coughing up blood, please” a doctor quickly came to Calums side, taking the young child from him.

“You’re going to have to wait out here, we will get you as soon as we can” the nurse followed the doctor,

“No, please, I need to be with him” he tried to follow before getting locked out of a room.

He stood there, not moving, barely breathing. Barely living.

Running over his hands over his face he turned around, waiting. He stood in the door way of the waiting room. Seeing a kid with a broken arm, his mum sitting next to him. A women holding onto her hand. Then a young couple holding onto their baby, their faces so bright, so happy.

“That was us Jess” he mumbled to himself, hoping for a response, but not getting one. “Damit Jess” he took a seat, looking over at the door, “where are you? When is Benny?”

An hour had passed, still nothing from the doctor or anyone. “Calum” the doctor walked up to him, “follow me if you can.” Calum quickly stood up, following the doctor into another room.

“Charlie” Calum quickly went up and hugged his son. “Are you alright? You’re okay?” he asked, pulling away from the hug, seeing his own eyes staring back at him,

“I’m fine daddy” he pulled his dad back into a tight hug.

“he’s going to be fine, there was blood caught in his lungs from the smoke, I’m going to give you some medication that he has to stay on for about a week, if he is still having some coughing fits you have you some back straight away, it could be life threating” the doctor explained. “we’re just going to keep him here for about another hour or two, just to keep an eye on him, then he is free to leave,”

“Okay, thank you so much” Calum smiled a teary smile. “Well shove over, let me sit down on the bed with you” he sat on the bed, bringing Charlie onto his lap.

“Daddy, is mummy and benny okay?” Charlie asked, suddenly Calums smile turned completely fake,

“They’re fine Charlie, they’re going to be okay” Calum tried to be positive,

“You won’t promise me that though”

“Mr Hood?” a police man walked into the room, “we would like to have a private talk with you for a moment” 

“Yeah sure” Calum got off the bed, “I’ll be right back okay, I promise” he kissed Charlies forehead.

“Okay daddy” Charlie looked down at his fingers, not looking at his own father.

“We got the fire to stop burning around your house” the police man started saying, “I’m sorry to tell you this, but no one came out of house, we had firemen going into the house just after you left, we weren’t able to find anyone. I’m sorry for your lose.”

It was so quick; suddenly breathing became impossible, instead he fell back to the wall, leaning against it as he walked back into his son’s room. “Daddy, daddy, daddy” he could hear his son asking him, griping onto his arm when he had the chance. “Daddy, look at me” he begged. How was he supposed to do this? How was he meant to tell his son that his mother and brother are dead? “Charlie” he started, “there is something that I need to tell you”

----------------------------------------------

its short and shit i know i'm sorry.

like? comment?- pip