Hoilday

“Where are we going mummy?” Charlie followed me around the house,

“On a holiday” I packed another towel into the suitcase,

“Where too?” his big brown eyes grew in happiness,

“Just down to the beach, you want to go looking for crabs?” I asked,

“Yes!” he started jumping up and down, but suddenly stopped, “what if they bite me?” he asked.

“They won’t bite you, they’re super-duper small” I kneed down to his height, “why don’t you go and help dad pack some toys, yeah?” his small feet quickly took him away, with yells of ‘daddy daddy don’t forget the car!’

“You kiddo” I picked Benny off of the bed and placed him on the floor, “how about we get to walk?”

I took both of his hands getting him to stand up. Trying to get him to take a step, but he just kept on falling over.

---

*the next day*

“Is the car packed?” I asked Calum, walking out of the house with Benny on my hip.

“Yep, where’s Charlie?” he asked, closing the boot of the car,

“Getting his toys” I replied, bucking up Ben in his chair in the car.

“Mummy” Charlie walked out of the house with a backpack on his back, “it’s too hot”

“We’ll get some ice-cream on the way to the beach” I told him, “you got everything?” I asked, he nodded his head as he crawled his way into the car, into his seat.

“I’m going to go and get my phone, then we’ll get going” Calum quickly rushed back into the house, walking back out, locking up the house, and off we went.

----

“And we’re here” I smiled,

“Bens sleepy” Charlie told us, looking over at his younger brother.

“He can sleep while we unpack” Calum said, annoyed by the hot weather, well that’s what I was guessing about.

“But I wanna go down to the beach” Charlie complained,

“Later” I got out of the car, unblucking Charlie from his seat, doing the same for Benny. I got the keys off of Calum to get into the house.

---

“Calum, can you go and get Charlie and Ben in the shower, I’ll get their clothes then go and start dinner” I asked Calum,

“Okay, shower time!” Calum laughed, as Ben stood up, laughing, taking a step but then falling over again, “Jess! Ben took his first step”

“Finally” I laughed, “spent too much time with that boy trying to get him to walk”

---

“It’s been a big day” I sat down on the couch next to Calum, after putting Charlie and Benny to bed.

“Now we can relax” he whispered into my ear, softly kissing my cheek.

I was about to reply when a smell caught me off guard. “Can you smell that? It smells like something’s burning”

---

It seemed like a good idea at the time. A get away from their busy lives. Little did they know what was going to happen next. It was meant to be a family get away. For memories, and oh boy did they get memories, well 2 of them did anyways. The other 2 will never be able to remember again, never be able to see again, feel again, love again or even be loved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry its short, but hey finally drama!!

also, i had this idea for a story the other night called "dream catcher" check it out and let me know what you think. It might be coming soon?

like? comment?- pip