31

Sloane sat with Allen behind one of the ambulances wrapped in blankets. Their wounds were already dressed and Allen was filling the chief in on the whole story.
"... So I tracked him down here and that was where he had Agent Preston."
"Good work agents. I still cannot believe it was Richard the whole time."
"Yes sir. He was really out of his mind." Sloane said.
"I mean come on. Who would think about building a time machine, travelling to the future and then control it?"
Allen shrugged. They carried Richard on a stretcher and into an ambulance.
"Where are you guys going to keep him?" he asked.
"Somewhere we are sure he will not be able to escape." Joseph answered.
"If you will excuse me I have some other things I would like to attend to."
"Since Richard did not work out, would you like it if I take you out to dinner sometime?" Allen asked her when Joseph was gone.
"Sure. Just promise me you will not kidnap me." She said and then smiled. "But after my vacation."
"Alright. I think I am going to take one myself." He replied stretching out his back.
Sloane called her mother and asked her,
"When are we leaving for that vacation?" and that made her more than happy. Everyone really gets a happy ending. Well for everyone except Richard who will be spending his time in a cold plastic prison.