23

The next morning Sloane nibbled on eggs benedict and sipped her coffee. It was a nice day and she just felt like lying around and do nothing all day. Trisha was leaving in a few hours, after not much success on the whale story her supervisors called her back to try reporting instead. But she promised Sloane she was going to spend spring break with her then they could gossip more.
While Sloane cleaned up after her breakfast her wall phone rang. She cleaned her hands and was happy when she heard her mother's voice,
"Hello dear. How are you?"
"I am great mom. Just peachy. How is dad and Ravi?"
"Good too. I called to know if you would like to join us for a vacation soon. All the paperwork your dad has been doing has got him all sore. And you could use the free time also. You work a lot these days."
"Mother, you know my work is very important. I will admit it is really tiring but I do not think I can get away till spring break. Besides I was going to visit next week."
"Spring break is still a bit far. Come on honey it is Hawaii we are talking about."
Sloane liked the sound of that. She had always wanted to spend some time in Hawaii. The scrubs, the massages. She could really use the vacation
"Alright. I will think about it. I will let you know as soon I can. But right now I still have a lot to take care of."
"Okay then. Trust me you are going to love it. You have to join us or I will come over there and drag you with me."
Sloane laughed, "Yes mother. Talk to you later. Say hi to Ravi and dad for me okay?"
When she replaced the phone on the receiver she could not help but smile. Her mother was still worried about her even from miles away. The vacation idea did sound appealing to her ear. Maybe I would tell the captain about it today, she thought. She finished up with the dishes and got ready for work.