Chapter 25

Laurel's POV

"Plea-please, don't hurt us," the guy stutters, hiding behind who I guess is his girlfriend. Not brave much.

"Oh, you mean don't hurt you?" I say and grab him from the ground. The girlfriend cries silently, not moving an inch. 

"You are so, how to say it?" he stays quiet, shivering from my touch. "Weak. And you know what they say," I smile coldly, "weakness is death." 

With that, I break his neck. I can hear a desperate sob from the girlfriend as his lifeless body drops to the wet ground.

"Bravo, my little canary," Black Siren claps as she emerges from the dark end of this dank alley. She goes to the brown-haired girl, who is still looking at her boyfriend's corps, "and what shall we do with you, my dear?" 

"Just kill her, we better get going, the Golden Snakes are waiting, remember?" I say a little irritated. This was fun, yeah, but we more important stuff to do.

"No rush. The snakes will wait as long as they have to.They work for me, not the other way around," she says, reminding me she's the boss here.

"Plus we're having fun, come on. Killing a happy couple always brings my mood up and moreover, this was you first time breaking someone's neck, and you totally rocked it."

She's saying all of this with such pride.

"Okay, but I've already had my piece of fun.Let's see how good you really are, mentor," I joke and she laughs.

"Watch and learn, little bird." 

She goes a little further from the girl who was surprisingly quiet the whole time, even though we were discussing which one us will kill her. She winks at me right before she screams and I cover my ears.The sound waves throw the girl at a wall behind her. I can hear a loud crack, followed by the fall of her now dead body.

"Not that impressive," I frown.

"Jealousy doesn't suit you, canary. Anyway, let's go. We've got a bigger fish to fry."

She goes past me, leading the way. I look at the two bodies that are lying on the cold ground. They didn't do anything, they were innocent. 

But you don't care. You are the villain and this is what villains do. Plays somewhere at the back of my head.

"I'm the villain. This is what I do," I say out loud, trying to sound confident and persuasive, but I'm failing at both. I've got this feeling that this is not what I'm supposed to do, that this is not right at all, but I bury it deep down and start thinking about something else.

I turn around and follow the Black Siren. The Golden Snakes await.

********************************

Hello everyone,

So our dear Laurel is evil again, this time in a much worse form. Can she even be brought back from this? 

/canaryqueen/