•Oujia Boards• ~Devin Sola

Today was the day. I pushed down slightly harder on the gas pedal. The road passed by faster and faster as my lack of patience increased.

I recently moved into a house that was apparently "haunted". I've always been pretty skeptical. That was, until I started seeing the signs. Late at night I hear footsteps and whispers. Those were the first signs. Then, things started moving around. And the most recent thing was things falling over right in front of my eyes. Things that should have no reason to fall over.

This lit excitement in my normally dull life. I decided to buy a oujia board to try and contact my fellow housemates. I'd never been more excited to spend more than 20 dollars on something I didn't need.

It was the longest car ride ever. But once I pulled into the driveway, I ran. I fumbled around with my key until I finally got it in. As I turned the key, a sudden shiver went through my body. I ran into my dark living room, tripping over things a long the way. I set the oujia board down on my coffee table and lighted the candles that were already there.

I carefully removed the spirit board from the box and placed the light wooden planchette on it. I took a deep breath as I placed two fingers onto the planchette.

"Are there any spirits here?" I questioned nervously. Almost instantly, the planchette flew across the board to the neat carving of the word yes. I grinned like an idiot as I prepared myself to ask the next question.

"W-what is your name?"

The planchette moved more slowly to the letter D. I watched it take the next couple of minutes to spell out, 'Devin'.

"So Devin, are you the spirit that I am sharing this house with?"

The plachette moved back to the word yes.

After hours of asking questions, I finally said goodbye. His name was Devin Sola. He was the original owner of the house. He died one night from a hit and run. Me being myself, questioned to myself if he was cute. What? A ghost boyfriend doesn't seem that bad.

I made my way up to my bedroom, with the feeling of being watched. I opened the door revealing my bare room. It only contained a desk, mirror, bed, and a nightstand, all of them being black. I changed my clothing and went to my bathroom to complete my nightly routine. I sleepily made my way back to my bed, instantly being woke up by seeing someone in the mirror. It was a guy, pale, black hair, tattoos. I gasped at the sight and rubbed my eyes. To my surprise, he wasn't just a figure made up by my sleep deprived mind.

"Please don't be scared. It's me, Devin." He said, in a calming whispered tone.

"Whoa. I- whoa." I was shocked at the sight to say the least.

"You look really nice in those shorts." He said, smirking.

"Never in a million years, would I have thought that a cute ghost guy would be telling me how nice I look in my pajamas." I responded, making him chuckle.

We joked around for a while until I started falling asleep. As I drifted to sleep I muttered something to him.

"Goodnight Ghostie." Which now happens to be my nickname for him.

"I think we're gonna get along great." He joked, fading away into the air. That was basically the story of how I met my ghost boyfriend.

☆Writing this story really made me want a ghost boyfriend. Hopefully it's also Dev  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) As always, please comment, vote, follow, and leave requests if you liked it! ~Angel☆