•Only the Beginning of Something New• ~Devin Sola

~Tick-tick-tick-tick~

You silently watched the hands of the clock as they got closer to the perfect time.

~Ding~

The bell rung, dismissing you from the torture you called school. You stood abruptly, not even allowing any words from the teacher to enter your ears. You sped walked out of the class with your stuff in hand.

'Tonight's the night.' You thought to yourself.

As you opened the front door to the school you were greeted with a familiar face just feet away. It was your best friend, Ricky.

"Ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I can be." You replied, in a nervous tone.

You were secretly dying inside. Today was prom night. Senior prom night. You had never been more nervous. You've never been asked to prom before. You were kind of hoping your crush, Devin, would ask you. Sadly, he had a girlfriend, Kylie, so it wasn't going to happen. It just happened to be that one of the cutest guys in school asked you out. Tony. You never really thought of him that way before. You didn't even think he knew your name.

Of course, after saying yes you told Ricky. You and Ricky had been best friends ever since you could remember. You had no plan to go to the prom. You would've gone to prom with Ricky, but of course he got asked to prom already. You didn't want to third wheel. Ricky was as straight as a horse shoe, so he was going with Ryan Sitkowski. Ryan was also one of the cutest guys in school. Everyone was a little shocked when he and Ricky got together. There was absolutely no hint of him being gay. Him and Tony happened to be really good friends.

You both giggled excitedly as he drove you both back to your house to get ready.

"You guys would have really cute children, ya know?" Ricky told you.

"Rickkkkkkk, we hardly even know each other..." You responded. The blush on your cheek was definitely hard not to notice.

You and Ricky got ready. You doing his makeup, and he the same to you.

Both of you stared at your reflections in your bathroom mirror.

"Damn." You both said at the same time. Laughing at how alike you guys think.

You two walked downstairs holding hands. You were both greeted by your parents. They took pictures and gasped at how grown up you guys already were.

~Ding-dong~

Your heart stopped for a second. This was it. It was actually happening. Once your parents pulled the door open you were greeted by Ryan and Tony standing side by side.

"You look amazing." Tony said, with a huge grin on his face. Ryan also told Ricky how gorgeous he looked and you all departed for the dance.

When you got there, you saw tons of people walking in together. You freezed for a second. Not being able to process what was happening. Tony grabbed your hand and led you into the dance.

After a while of dancing and talking, you felt someone tap your shoulder. It was Ricky.

"Can you come with me to the bathroom?!" He shouted over the loud noise in the music filled room.

"What?!"

"The bathroom?!"

"Oh, okay!" You replied, as you turned to face Tony.

"I need to go with Rick to the bathroom real fast!" You shouted.

"Okay!" He responded.

You and Ricky made your way outside of the gym, where the dance was at. It was much less loud out there. You and Ricky stopped right in front of the bathroom, as you couldn't go in together.

"I really needed a break. All those sweaty bodies touching me freaked me out." He told you laughing a little.

You both then continued on talking about the experience so far. Ryan and Ricky kissed. Making you awe at how you missed your best friend's first kiss. You then both fixed each other's makeup, and began to make your way back to the dance.

Before you could make it, a red faced Devin walked out of the men's restroom. You saw that he had been crying and instantly wanted to know what happened.

"Oh my gosh, Devin are you okay?" You asked, giving him a concerned look.

"N-not really.." He told you with another tear running down his face."Sorry, I just, sorry, you really shouldn't have to see me like this."

"Devin, it's alright, everyone cries." You replied, "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

You then tapped Ricky's shoulder signalling that he could make his way back to the dance without you. He gave both you and Devin a sympathetic smile before disappearing back into the dance.

Devin leaned back on the wall and slid down to the floor. He hugged his knees and began explaining what happened.

"K-kylie, she t-told me she didn't want to be with me anymore. She told me I was worthless, a-and I wasn't good enough."

"Devin, that's so not true. You are so amazing. Kylie doesn't know what she's missing. She was lucky to even have you. I'd kill to have you." You instantly regretted what you said.

"What?" Devin asked confused, "You like me?"

"Shit, just forget I said that." You said as you stumbled up to your feet from the now empty space beside Devin. You started to make your way back to the dance when someone grabbed your arm.

"Wait." It was Devin, "I like you too, I just never thought you liked me back. That's kinda why I was going out with Kylie in the first place. I wanted to get my mind off you."

You couldn't believe what he told you. He liked you too?All you did was pull Devin into a hug.

"You should really get back to Tony, you aren't dating right?"

"Nah."

"Does that mean I can take you out another day?" He asked.

"Totally, just text me." You replied. You probably had the biggest smile in history. "Wait, are you gonna leave?"

"I'll probably just stand by the snack table since the dance is almost over. You can't leave Tony hanging though, right?"

"Right." You replied.

You both made your way back into the gym. Instantly you saw something making your eyes go wide. It was Tony. Making out with Kylie. You looked over at Devin and saw he had the same shocked look.

You made your way over to Tony. Instantly he pulled back from Kylie.

"O-oh um, hey Y/N.." He started to say.

"Save it, I was just going to leave." You cut him off.

You angrily stomped back over to Devin and grabbed his hand. You both walked out of the school making your way to the parking lot.

"What a twist of events." Devin said, making you chuckle.

You looked over at Ryan's car, which was where you all came. Of course, Ryan had his tongue down Ricky's throat while they were leaning on his car.

"Need a ride?" Devin asked. You happily agreed.

Devin drove you to your house. You guys stopped in front of the door.

"Shit, I'm not very good at goodbyes." You told him honestly.

He then instantly leaned down and pulled you into a passionate kiss.

He pulled away smirking, "But honey, this is only the beginning of something new."

You then thought back to your night. Tucked in bed looking up at the ceiling.

'Only the beginning of something new.....'

I felt great writing this. Please comment, vote, follow, and leave requests if you liked it! ~ Angel☆