15. Rocking Chair

~

Jimin stayed the night at a friend. So, I had the house to myself.

Jungkook was at work... so I called him.

"Jungkook?"

"Y/N?" He replied smugly.

"Are you at the shop?"

"Yeah. I've been working on a new table."

"Ou~~ can I come??!!"

"Sure."

I closed the phone and ran off to change my clothes. I loved visiting Jungkook's shop.

He worked on furniture custom made for a unique body. It was different and cool.

After 30 minutes, I was in the shop. I hadn't been there since I got married.

It felt weird to be back with a ring around my finger.

I walked calmly inside, looking at all the new stuff. Things that I hadn't seen yet.

I remember when his father owned the store... Jungkook and I would spend every second here.

I smiled warmly as I put my hand softly onto the old rocking chair his father had made.

"Oh? You're here!" Jungkook shouted a bit. I turned around with a big smile and replied, "I rushed here!"

He chuckled and wiped his hands with a cloth. I walked towards him and smiled while looking down to my feet.

"Remember when we were kids, your father always wanted us to be together. He said he would be cheering for me the second you would put that ring around my finger."

He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah..." we both looked towards the rocking chair.

"Well, you have a ring around your finger now." He said.

I turned to him and saw he had a sad expression on his face while looking to the chair.

I unconsciously brought my hand to his cheek and held it.

He looked at me and I replied silently, "Not for long though."

He put his hand on mine and smiled, "I know."

He said softly before taking off my hand from his cheek and kissing it. I chuckled as he used his other hand to bring me closer by my waist.

My breath hitched as I saw him smile cockily a few inches away from my lips.

"That's why, I'm being as patient as possible."

~