Chapter 25

---Evelyn's POV---

     Jay and I cheer along with all of the other Blackhawks fans as Corey Crawford makes yet another stellar save. It's currently 2-0 Blackhawks midway through the second and they've been playing really well. Although I am a huge Hawks fan, I'm surprisingly enjoying Jay's company more than the game itself. He's a really great person to be around and he's always really sweet and kind. On top of that he's very easy to relate to and talk with.

     My thoughts are very easily interrupted when a quick succession of gunshots ring out, shattering the glass behind both of the benches. Jay and I immediately crouch to the floor and upon instinct, pull out our guns. I grab my badge from my coat pocket, clip it to my belt, and nod to Jay. We run down to concourse level and as we make our way to the team benches I dial 911 and say, "This is Detective Evelyn Platt, badge number 07417. There have been gunshots fired at both hockey teams at the United Centre. Dispatch the intelligence unit and several patrols to the arena."

     The operator agrees and then we reach the tunnel for the Blackhawks bench. Jay and I run onto it and wave both teams over into the tunnel. Jay goes with the Hawks while I take the Montreal Canadiens to their dressing room. Once we arrive there I say, "I realize that this is a lot to handle but you've got some of the best cops in Chicago looking after things."

     They all nod so I continue. "I think it's safe to say that the shooter was targeting the teams so I need you all to stay in here and keep the door locked, preferably with some heavy objects staked in front to block it, just for some extra security. Only open the door if someone declares they're police and you believe them, okay?"

     Everyone agrees so I leave the dressing room. Jay and I meet up and then we make our way back upstairs. When we arrive we meet up with all of the other officers who have just arrived and then I say, "Alright, the only information that we have is that the shooter was up high, probably opposite the team benches. Nobody leaves until we catch the person responsible. We will only communicate on CPD issued radios and any information you find gets reported to Sergeant Voight, got it?"

     Voight nods at everyone and we all disperse. Erin and I team up and once I have my radio we begin to scour every inch of the arena.

--------------------------

Thank you all for 25 400 reads! -Becca