Chapter 15

When I arrive upstairs I quickly make my way to the locker room. I'm putting my bag away when Jay comes in and leans against the lockers next to mine. As I begin to grab what I need he quickly looks me over and then says, "You look good. Nothing's bleeding."

I shake my head at him and then say, "That's right. I feel good too. Now I just want to find whoever did this."

He nods and I'm about to turn away when he grabs my hand and turns me so that I'm facing him. He keeps ahold of my hand as he brushes my hair out of my eyes and says, "I was so worried Evelyn. I was terrified, if I'm being completely honest."

I look up at him and it appears as if he's about to kiss me, but he instead changes his mind and pulls me into his chest for a tight hug. He places a soft kiss on the top of my head and then we pull apart. We smile at each other and then he says, "C'mon, Voight probably wants to talk to you."

I nod and we go back out to the bullpen. I take a seat at my desk and look after a few things and then Voight comes out of his office and says, "Evelyn, do you have a minute?"

I nod and follow him into his office. He closes the door behind us and then we both take a seat. He then clears his throat and says, "If you're here, I believe it's safe to assume that you haven't been hurt."

I nod and say, "Yes sergeant. I was alarmed at first but now I'm calm and ready to work."

"That's what I like to hear. Now, do you know of anyone that would want to do this to you?"

I think for a moment and then say, "When I worked over at 26 there was this one guy that I arrested that told me that he would hunt me down when he got out. He's my best guess as to who this could be."

Voight nods and says, "Alright. Let the team know about everything and then get Mouse to do a search on the guy. I promise we'll find whoever did this."

I nod and then exit Voight's office.

----------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 7 870 reads! Have great week! -Becca