Chapter 2

"So do you feel good with where everything is?"

I smile and say, "I do. Thank you Erin. I'm really looking forward to working with you."

She smiles as nods as we go out to our desks. I begin setting mine up and in no time I'm finished. I'm about to get up and grab a cup of coffee when Voight comes out of his office and says, "We just got a case. An entire family of four was declared missing this morning. Let's find out what happened to them."

We all nod and stand up. Voight and Erin exchange a few words and then we go and suit up. Once we're in the car and have started driving Lindsay says, "We're going to the school the kids go to. I'm not sure how much we'll find out there but it's worth a shot."

I agree and then we arrive. We immediately get directed into the principal's office. She motions for us to take a seat and then says, "What can I help you with officers?"

I show her a picture of the two kids and say, "Do you know anyone who would want to kidnap these kids and their parents?"

She thinks for a moment and says, "All I can think of is that their parent's divorced last year. Ever since their Mom remarried they haven't seen much of their Dad. From what I know their Dad doesn't like their step dad all that much."

We thank her for her help and exit the building. We then drive back to the district so we can share what we've learned with the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for 304 reads! I hope all had a good Easter! -Becca