Chapter 20

I smile at Jay as he finishes his combo. I give him a thumbs up and then we both start on different combos. Jay and I have been meeting at the gym almost every day to train together and it's been pretty amazing. We've been doing this for about a month now and it's really helped me ease a lot of stress I didn't even know I had.

I'm shaken from my thoughts when Jay lightly punches my arm. I turn my attention to him and then say, "You know, you could've punched me harder. I can take a hit and we are kickboxing after all."

He chuckles and says, "I know you can take a hit, I just needed to get your attention. Would you be interested in going for dinner after we're done here?"

I smile and reply. "That sounds amazing, on one condition."

"Name it."

I smile and then say, "We have a match before we go and whoever loses pays for dinner."

He smiles and immediately agrees. We both agree to take five minutes to get ready and then branch off to do our own things. I grab my mouth guard and then do my usual pre-match preparation which is some fast-paced combos and light stretching.

When the five minutes is up Jay and I meet in the ring and then Antonio joins us to keep score and ref. The match soon begins and I take a very early lead. Jay almost catches up to me but I land a really good kick that leads to me winning the match by a landslide. Jay and I shake hands after the match is over as a sign of respect and then he says, "So, where would the champion like to go for dinner?"

I think for a moment and then say, "How about The Keg?"

Jay agrees and then we agree to meet out front in 20 minutes. I go to the change room and shower quickly. I then throw on a pair of jeans, a knit burgundy sweater, and my brown combat boots. I brush my hair, put it up into a ponytail, grab my things, and exit the change room. Jay and I meet up and then we exit the boxing gym and enter the crisp autumn air. We then go out to his car and begin the drive to the nearest Keg.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 13 900 reads!

So Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian Readers! I hope you're all having better weather than I am because it is currently snowing at my house.

So since it is my Thanksgiving, I wanted to let you all know how thankful I am for each and every one of you. You all keep me motivated to write every day and I'm always so appreciative of all the support I receive from all of you. -Becca