Chapter 22

I roll over in bed for the millionth time and stare up at the ceiling. I've barely gotten any sleep because I cannot stop thinking about Jay no matter what I do. I've tried absolutely everything so I pick up my phone and dial Erin's number. She is my last resort so I pray that she'll pick up, otherwise I can just kiss sleep goodbye for tonight, or this morning as it be.

A few seconds later the phone stops ringing and then I hear Erin say in a very groggy voice, "Evelyn, this better be good."

I giggle and say, "I know, I'm sorry that it's three am but I can't sleep and I have a confession."

I hear sheets ruffle and then she says, "Alright, this is good. Spill."

I take a deep breath and say, "I think I like Jay. And I know what you'll say, everyone but me has noticed that but I'm serious. I think we might actually have something."

I can hear Erin smile and then she says, "That's amazing! I can tell though, something is holding you back from fully accepting it."

I sigh and say, "Ummm....yea. Don't you and Jay have something together? I don't want to get in the way of that."

Erin laughs and says, "Oh Evelyn, whatever it was that Jay and I had has long since passed. He's all yours, and to be completely honest, I can't imagine someone more perfect for him and what he wants."

I heave a sigh of relief and then she continues. "I only have one piece of advice. When you guys start dating, and there's not a doubt in my mind that you won't, you must be upfront about it with Voight. He will be beyond pissed if you hide it from him. Tell him immediately and if you do that, he should allow it, but then it's your guys' job to do your best to keep work at work and home at home. Deal?"

I agree and then we finish our call. I fall asleep with ease after getting that weight off of my chest.

--------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry that its been so long but thank you so much for 20 700 reads!

So I've been super busy with school, work, dance, and studying for my drivers test and even my new system of updating hasn't given me enough time to update but Christmas break is in a week so it should be better.

Thanks again for being so patient and have an amazing weekend! -Becca