Chapter 7

I take a deep breath as I knock on the door of the kids' father. Olinsky and I agreed that I would be the one to tell him since I've already talked to him.

When he answers the door I say, "Cody, I'm so sorry to have to tell you this but your children and ex-wife were murdered. We found their bodies a few minutes ago."

After what he's heard sinks in, he collapses against me, overrun with despair. He clings to me for support so I simply stand there with my arms around him. After a few minutes he isn't leaning on me as much so I gently guide him to his couch and help him sit down. A few more minutes pass and then he says, "Did you catch the person who did it?"

I nod and say, "We did. I can assure you that she'll never see the light of another day."

He nods and then I quickly write down the address of the morgue that the kids will be brought to. He thanks me and then Olinsky and I leave and go to the car. On the way back to the district he says, "You handled that really well. I've never seen someone calm down that fast after being told that their kids have been murdered."

"Thank you. I very surprisingly learned that in my social work class in University. I don't think that anyone took that lesson as seriously as I did."

He nods as we pull up to the district. We're both very quick to head upstairs and begin our paperwork for the case.

-------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry that it's been so long since I last updated but thank you for being really patient. Also, thank you for 2 320 reads! 

So first of all, that new Casey fanfic that I was telling you all about is for sure going to happen. It's called Murderous Love and it will be up within the next hour! I would greatly appreciate if you could all check that out.

Secondly, I'm going to start making my chapters a bit longer as some of you have said that you would prefer if they were longer. I'll be experimenting for a bit so if there is a length that you guys like, please let me know so that I can use more of it! My main goal here is to make you guys happy while keeping the suspense that I like to have in each chapter.

Thank you all for being so amazing, and I hope that you have a great weekend! -Becca