Short Story Chapter 1

Do you know what I love most about Ouran Highschool? No, not all the fancy and uniforms and teachers who enjoy spoiling you

Do you know what I love most about Ouran Highschool? No, not all the fancy and uniforms and teachers who enjoy spoiling you. Not all the free time, we rich students, have on our hands. Not for the grand hallways and classrooms our school has created.

It was the scenery. I loved it all. The beautiful gardens surrounding each building and finishing it with a large pond in the center. Rose bushes lined the pathways and animal-shaped shrubs followed the pattern. Fountains at each corner, spouting clear, blue water which glowed in the afternoon sun.

But that wasn't the only scenery I would enjoy. There was one student in particular that I would always look forward to see them in class and in the Host Club, which I enjoy visiting.

Kaoru Hitachiin.

Identical twin of Hikaoru Hitachiin.

He was the much more calmer and caring twin. Always looking out for everyone, including his brother, who gets in most of the trouble.

I always sit at their table in the Host Club, hoping to get a chance to talk to Kaoru-Senpai or at least make eye contact with his golden, brown eyes.

But, it's harder than it looks.

There are so many other girls at that table as well. I feel my chest being overwhelmed with competition. That's not the only thing... Hikaoru-Senpai seems to take up most of his time.

I know that they're twins... But this kind of relationship between them is sorta odd.

"Ouch!" Kaoru yelped as the tea he was holding slipped from his hand and burned him. He held it close to his chest, hoping the sensation will go away.

My first instinct was to rush over and ask if he was okay, but as usual, I just sat there and said nothing. Pretending to gasp like all the other girls were doing.

And as if on cue, Hakaoru-Senpai comes and saves the day, "Kaoru!" He holds his brother's hand and kisses it softly, "You've always been the clumsy one. Try and be more careful next time."

Then finally, all the girls would explode in a fangirl rage. Screaming and crying in happiness and cuteness overload.

I sighed and got up from the table. No one would notice my disappearance. So why bother staying?

Before I could walk out of the Host Club room, I felt a hand touch me on the shoulder slightly. Hoping it was Kaoru, I turned around quickly, only to be met with hazel, brown eyes.

"Oh, hi Haruhi." I smiled faintly. Being the polite person I am, I nodded my head.

Knowing Haruhi for a while, I knew her secret. How she's actually a girl, passing as a guy, to help out with the Host Club.

She looked at me for a moment and tilted her head, her eyes searching for the right answer, "Kaoru-Senpai?"

I sighed, walking towards an empty table. She followed me and sat infront. Somehow, Haruhi always knew what was on my mind.

"Yes, yes its about him again." I murmured while secretly stealing glances at the twin, who still sat with his brother and the girls. "Why can't I get noticed. Just once? To him it seems like I'm just another schoolgirl."

"You know that's not true." She reasoned, "Just give him a chance and see how things will turn out. Talk to him more often, maybe say hi to him in the halls."

I shook my head, "It's not that easy. I'm so nervous and awkward. Especially when his brother is around. Hikaoru makes me feel uncomfortable. It's like he's always expecting me to say something." I started fiddling with a strand of my short, ombre hair. My eyes glued to my yellow uniform.

Haruhi chuckled softly, "Hikaoru is like that. He's overprotective of his brother. And I know it'll be hard to get Kaoru alone, but it won't hurt to give it a chance. Just think about it." She gives me a small pat on the back before leaving to go join the other schoolgirls.

I sigh inwardly, my gaze averted towards Kaoru as he sat entertaining the girls with his brother. His laugh, his warm eyes, his perfectly white smile. Everything about him was... beautiful.

I sat there at the empty table for a while, thinking through my thoughts and feelings and trying to pull out my inner emotions so I can see them clearly. Placing each piece together like a puzzle, I realized that now is the time to take action. I need to stop standing in the shadows.

'Maybe I will give it a chance.'

~~~~~

Ohhh heeeeyy!!!

So this is the first chapter of _Chelsiosity_ writing contest~

Hope you like it so far!!!

Happy reading!

-Marie