"Take him inside," I told him, "Make sure someone treats him for his wounds." Remi nodded and departed, the soldiers glaring after him before turning on me.

"He's a wraith!"

"Aren't we supposed to kill them?!"

"How is he solid?!"

"What's going on?!"

"Shut up," Ambrosius barked at them, making them shrink back at his glare that was only intensified by the ways his eyes literally glowed in the shadows provided by the house, "Our decisions are our decisions. You're soldiers. You do what we say and if we say isn't none of your business, it's none of your fucking business." One of the soldiers twitched and stepped forward angrily.

"I've had just about enough of your attitude, boy," He sneered, raking Ambrosius with a less than impressed glare, "If anything, you're lower than us. The only reason you took Alexis down so easily is because he wasn't expecting a Chihuahua like you to have bite in 'im. You got lucky. In a real, fair fight, you'd be on your knees where you belong." Ambrosius's eyes burned hatefully and he lunged for the soldier's throat, but Xenon and I stepped in to hold him back.

"Fine," Ambrosius spat at the soldier, "Then a fair fight you will get. Come to the field in an hour. No weapons, no magic." The soldier snorted, putting his hands on his hips and looking at Ambrosius, amused.

"Really? This is gonna be pathetic. I might have to go easy on you to prevent further embarrassment." He mocked, then brushed past us and the other soldiers scurried after him. Ambrosius watched him go, then shoved Xenon and I off his arms and glared at us.

"Next time either of you stop me, you're getting a mouthful of dirt." He snapped, then pushed past us quite rudely as he went to his tent. I sighed, running a hand through my hair before looking at Xenon and Anita, who were frowning after Ambrosius.

"So much for a nice morning." I muttered. Xenon cut me a glare.

"Speaking of which, you can't go into his tent anymore."

"My property, my rules."

"My client, my rules."

"It appears we've reached an impasse." I stated. Xenon narrowed his eyes behind his sunglasses, then walked away with long strides, like he couldn't wait to leave me in the dust. I watched him go, then turned to Anita.

"Could you check on Castiel and Remi for me? I have to speak to Ambrosius." I said. She nodded, murmured a "good luck" under her breath, then went into the house. I took a deep breath, calmed my nerves, then walked through the crowd of soldiers, who were already whispering and gossiping about Ambrosius's challenger. Apparently, the soldier's name was Bacus and had already fought in three wars. He was Hades's favorite because he could bulldoze through crowds of soldiers without any weaponry. His fists were like iron when they struck you, and that worried me even further. I didn't doubt Ambrosius's skill, but I also didn't doubt that Bacus would be able to get in a few damaging blows. I didn't want to see Ambrosius beaten and bloody. It made my stomach churn.

I finally made it to Ambrosius's tent. I sent my powers out in search of Xenon, but he wasn't inside the tent, thankfully. It seemed he was already in the field, waiting with another lecture no doubt. I pushed the flap of Ambrosius's tent side and saw him standing at what was left of his desk. Now completely splintered in half, papers and books and scrolls scattered everywhere. I frowned.

"Ambrosius?" I asked. He shot me an annoyed glare.

"What'd you want?"

"I wanted to check on you." I answered. Ambrosius hesitated at that, then looked away with a scowl. I came inside the tent, closing the flap and approaching Ambrosius. The tension that pulled his muscles taut and made his breathing ragged told me he didn't want to be touched, so I respected his space and just set about picking up all the papers and scrolls he'd throw everywhere, placing them in a neat pile on a nearby end table.