Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"You guys wanna hear some yo mama jokes? I have a lot of those that I can give out for free!"

Dania released another frustrated snarl and went to grab Castiel by the throat, but Anza caught her around the waist and hoisted her back.

"Let me at him! I'll devour his corpse like birthday cake to an orphan!" She shouted in frustration, kicking her legs. It was odd to see Anza, over six foot, picking Dania, who barely reached her chest. I shook my head at them, then turned back to Castiel. We had finally gotten him home without killing him and now had him strapped to a dining room chair placed against a wall. Yet, he seemed strangely suicidal with the way he anatagonized Dania.

"He's useless," Ambrosius decided, folding his arms over his chest and giving me an irritated glare, "We should just kill and him and find the rest of the wraiths on our own."

"I agree with him," Minerva chirped and Ambrosius gave her a grimace that she swiftly ignored, "This guy is totally obnoxious. I say we feed him to Dania after Constantine rips him a new one." Constantine smirked wickedly at that and cracked her knuckles for effect and Castiel squeaked, closing his legs and hunching his back as if to hide into himself.

"I was just playing around! Can't you guys take a joke? It was a joke! But the part where I'm not telling you where the others are isn't a joke. Cuz you're assholes and I don't do what assholes say." He added cheerfully, sitting back in his sit. Constantine made a grab for him, but this time Jericho and Dev had to come forward to pull her back. Anza still held Dania back, but now Dania was making mocking gestures at Constantine, completely ignoring the fact that Anza was cupping her breasts. I shot Anza a warning glare and Anza flashed me a wicked grin before letting go to hold her hands up in surrender. As soon as the pressure was gone, Dania was grabbing Castiel by the front of his shirt, jerking him forward and slamming her forehead into Castiel, making him cry out in pain.

"Ow! Oh my god! That's tender! Or did you totally ignore the witchy symbol on my forehead?!" Castiel protested, crossing his eyes in an attempt to look up at his forehead. Dania huffed and stomped on his foot, making Castiel curse in pain. I caught Dania by the arm and pulled her back, this time pushing her toward Ambrosius, who thankfully took her by the elbow to keep her back.

"Castiel," I began, voice calm, "I'm offering you a pretty good deal here. Your soul might get a second chance, if you tell me where the wraiths are." Castiel scowled.

"And I'm telling you it won't! I'm not Celtic or Christian or Greek, assclowns! Well, my mother was Catholic, but that's not the point! I'm Wiccan! I don't go to your afterlife realms! I go to the Summerland and wait to be reincarnated! But, considering I wasn't exactly your run-of-the-mill white Wiccan, and I mean that in the sense of being a good guy, not that you're a Caucasian Wiccan, but yeah, you know what I mean. I practiced black magic. My soul didn't reach the Summerland, so... yeah, here, I am. Reanimating this dead guy's body. There is no second chance. Or at least, not for me." He muttered sourly. I frowned at that. It didn't make too much the way he explained it, but I think I got the gist of what he was saying.

"Who cares," Dania demanded, waving Ambrosius's hands away from her before she folded her arms over her chest and glared at me, "We can't have him here. If what he says is true about the other wraiths not liking him, it'll just add more fuel to the fire for them to come get us. Not only do we have their punching bag, but we have a furnace of fear." Ambrosius glared at her.

"I am not scared of them."

"It's not them you're scared of," Jericho said grimly, letting go of Constantine so she faceplanted into Dev's back, "You're scared of something else. So much so that it's drawing them in."