[26] the beginning of the end

After the big afternoon heat was over, the ceremonies continued.

We were wed in front of gods and men in the high sept of Baelor.

People were standing all around us, when my father led me to the altar. Everyone was turning their heads around and I could some people gossiping or just whispering. I looked straight at Joffrey, while walking closer to him, before father finally let off me and Joffrey took my arm into his.

He covered me in the golden fabric he wearing around his shoulders, to symbolize that he'd always protect me

The witness to the marriage started reading out loud the holy vow and Joffrey took my hand. I nervously looked at him, but he was just staring at the reading man, breathing in a normal speed.

The man finished and Joffrey and I turned to the audience.

"With this kiss I pledge my love.", he declared and kissed me shortly. His grip on my hand got tighter as we kept smiling at our families and friends, applauding.

 His grip on my hand got tighter as we kept smiling at our families and friends, applauding

"Officially queen.", I smiled at him.

"Officially the mightiest woman in the seven kingdoms indeed.", he smiled back at me.

We walked past everyone in the sept and just after we left everyone else was allowed to leave too.

A carriage brought us to the place where we would celebrate. A wonderful, decorated place in the nature with dishes, more than all the guests together could eat.

"There will be a play. After that the cake is following. Everything will be exactly what you wished for.", Cersei came to us and took Joffrey's hand. He pulled his hand away and looked at me.

"Good, mother. You should sit down over there now. I am starving. I want the play to happen so we can eat.", he replied and we sat down on the biggest table of all.

"The children are kept away from the ceremony. It's too hot outside now for them."

My husband just nodded, he didn't really care I could tell. He was focused on the musicians playing rains of Castamere for the 3rd time. Eventually it was annoying to him at some point and he threw coins at them to make them stop and they did.