[8] his pretty queen

"Who're you ?", I asked the brown haired woman standing in my room the next morning I woke up. I had slept in my dress, because I did not manage opening it alone. And I didn't have a handmaiden anymore.

"Your new handmaiden. What can I do for you M'Lady?"

I first wanted to ask for her name, but then I decided not to. This wasn't Highgarden, being friendly was dangerous here.

"Tighten up my dress. It got a bit lose over night.", I commanded and she did. I forced myself not to look at her that often, I didn't want to become used to her.

"Anthing else?", she asked me attentively.

"No. Oh, wait. Can you deliver the king a message from me. I will write him something.", I took a quill and scrawled a few words onto a piece of parchment.

The maid left and I waited for her return.

"The king commanded me to bring you to his chambers.", she told me timidly.

"Tell the king I wish to meet him in my chambers.", I told her.

"M'lady...I wouldn't tell King Joffrey what to do, if I was you...he's been a bit angry after he recieved the letter I you wrote.", my handmaiden started to shiver.

"If I mean something to him, he will come. If he doesn't, I know he does not have a true king's behaviour.", I argued, "Oh and when you come back, can you bring me something for breakfast? That'd be all, thank you."

She left once more.

I was laying on my bed, reading a book I found in one of the shelves in my room, for a good while.

Suddenly I heard the door being teared and I startled. "WHATIS THE MEANING OF THIS?"

Joff. With his angry, loud voice. I started to regret what I had just done but knew I had to get through it.

"Your grace, I..."

"DON'T CALL ME  THAT.", he screamed at me angrily.

I didn't dare to say anything anymore.

"Which king in the seven kingdoms would walk to his wife's chambers instead of her coming to him? I am ruling the god damn seven kingdoms. I have wars to fight and plan. I do not have time for unneccesary discussions by a sentimental girl!", he still breathed heavily, calming down slowly.

"Joffrey, I-", I started again but he did cut me off.

"You were wearing the same dress yesterday. The queen, my queen, doesn't wear the same dress two days after another.", he looked at it as if I would wear an old cloth.

"Well, I sadly had no handmaiden last night, to help me out of my dress. She was laying on my bed, a chicken leg stuck in her throat. She didn't seem able to change my clothes, my deepest apologies, my beloved king." The irony swung with every word I said.

"Are you trying to fool me? I thought I'd do the right thing marrying you. Maybe I should cancel again and take your sister instead.", he started dramatically walking around me in a circle, "One more change wouldn't be complicated. I don't like your behavior. You are beautiful, no question. You are intelligent. But intelligent women normally do what they are told. And you are naughty. Ladies aren't meant to be naughty. Especially when their husband is the king."

"I will change my dress after you left my room. I will never disappoint you again, I promise.", I startled in fear of him annulling our wedding.

"Good. If you more need dresses, tell me. I want my wife to wear the most beautiful gowns of the entire kingdom. Everyone looking at you will inwardly die of jealousy.", he stopped for a second to inspect me, "And smile, a sad face makes you ugly.", with these words he left me alone.

Being busy with everything here, I had noticed my family had not visited during the last days. No one came to me or asked for me, the youngest Tyrell lady. I was partly concerned, but angry as well.

In the mean time my servant brought me different dishes for breakfast. I didn't even eat a quarter of it, but let her carry it away. It hurt not being able to do something about my situation.

"Girl", I waved to the handmaiden "Bring me the rose dress.", I commanded.

"The king wants to indicate our wealth

"The king wants to indicate our wealth. After you did that you'll send out another message today, to my family. I will meet them when the sun is at it's highest point, at the pavilion next to the sea."

"Of course, whatever you command.", she nodded and headed to my wardrobe to find the rose dress.

The maiden brushed my hair afterwards and tucked it up. Only a few single, soft strands were falling into my face.

I walked to the pavilion on my own, expecting my family to sit there waiting for me, but they were not alone. Olenna and Margaery had a guest, a red haired, young girl sitting there with her back to me.