[3] the king's lady

(Author's note: I MET JACK GLEESON HIMSELF A FEW DAYS AGO AND I AM SO SHOCKED NOW AND HYPED AND YEP, HERE'S THE NEW CHAPTER BECAUSE OF THAT AND I WILL POST REGULARlY AFTER I TRAVELLED BACK HOME)
-

My handmaiden woke me earlier that morning. She brushed my hair and braided it, which wasn't even possible to be done properly because of my thick curls.

I left my chambers, two guards walking next to me, not knowing where they even brought me.

Apparently, the king had commanded me to come to his chambers but still - I had no idea why.

"Your grace", I curtsied low. "What bring me the honour to be here, if I am allowed to ask?"

"Stand.", he said coldly to me and with a subtle wave he sent the guards out and let them close the doors.

"Well, lady Lyra, the I've been thinking. Your sister is beautiful, no doubt. But you...", Joffrey's tongue touched his upper jaw and his mouth slightly opened while he seemed to inspect me up and down, " you're different. I don't like how you're controlling me. I can't stand it." He swallowed and proceeded to look away.

"Your grace...I apologize, I wasn't aware I had done anything wrong...but would you tell me...how did I control you exactly?"

I rather excused for something I didn't know about than being rude to the mightiest man in the Seven Kingdoms, so I played along and hoped to do less damaged.

On the other hand, why was he even thinking about me, when I had a way more beautiful sister who he was proposed to?

"Don't ask me! You're on my mind every day, every night. I can't help it. And now you have the audacity to ask what you did wrong when I am very certain you know exactly what I am talking about. Speak Lady Lyra, are you one of those eastern witches? If I find out you are, your head will be next to Ned Stark's up on the castle walls fairly soon.", Joffrey continued to blame me and lifted up his chin to look more powerful.

"Your grace I don't know why you're considering that I could in fact be a witch, it hurts me to hear such things, I promise I am indeed just an innocent, silly little girl from house Tyrell."

A quick smile appeared on his thin lips before he turned and walked around his bedroom like a lion in his cage.

"Good. So, you don't know how to stop it?", he asked me.

"Stopping what, your grace?", I asked innocently.

"The controlling!", Joffrey screamed at me and I winced.

I wondered if Joffrey had ever experienced such things as closure or sympathy has he seemed rather afraid of the feelings he had described to me earlier and could certainly and visibly not handle them well.

"You know what", he thought out loud and left the corner he had walked to, coming closer again, I won't wed your sister, I will marry you instead. I suppose this could work as I wouldn't have to waste my time thinking about what you're doing.", Joffrey announced as my jaw slightly dropped open. He kept looking at me like I was an object he owned.

"But your grace, my sister

"But your grace, my sister. She's perfect for you and besides- you took a holy vow. Your wedding preparations have already started.", I argued. I didn't know if I wanted to marry him or not, I just knew that Margaery would make a great and fair queen, and everything should be how it was planned out already.

"I am the king. What I say becomes law. I want you to be my queen. Does that not honour you?", his voice got more threatening and he stepped even closer to me.

I swallowed down the lump in my throat. He was standing right in front of me now, looking down on me. I could feel his breath on my forehead not daring to look up at him because I feared he would notice that I was unsure about what to answer.

"Of course, it is and I feel more than honoured to be chosen by the most wanted man of Westeros, your grace", I lied, terrified of his reaction.

"Good.", he answered and the tension in the air vanished slowly as his thin lips drew to a smile and he took a few steps back, walking over to the table.

"I will tell my mother know that she has to replace your name with your sister's on the contract. She'll be marrying my brother now."

"Yes, your grace. What a great idea.", I tried to smile, but I couldn't.

I had ruined the plans of my family. What would happen to me after they had found out? Margaery was their dream representation of a born leader and now everything was ruined because of me.

"Is something wrong with you, my lady?", Joffrey's cold voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Pardon me, I was just imagining my sister's disappointment, she'll be so sad about it...She's never stopped talking about you and she was also very excited for your wedding and now...", I went, avoiding his sight.

He bit his lip and stepped even closer.

"Not everyone can be as lucky as you, my lady Lyra. I have made my decision. She has a good match with Tommen as the king's little brother." Joffrey said more softly.

I nodded but still looked to the ground. Suddenly his hand lifted my chin roughly and so I was forced to look at him.

"Listen, you and I will be king and queen. You belong to me now; did you hear that? To me. You will never betray me in any way. You will never do something you'll regret later. Do you understand?", he whispered harshly.

"I do understand", I barely whispered, paralyzed with fear. "I am loyal to my beloved King Joffrey until the day I die."

His grip on my chin became more gently, but he didn't unhand it.

For a moment he looked from my eyes to my lips and it seemed like he was about to kiss me, but suddenly he simply said "Good." and turned around again.

"We will announce everything tomorrow evening, all Tyrells and Lannisters will be invited for a dinner.", my soon-to-be husband added and escorted me to the door.

"What a... wonderful idea, my king.", I replied and forced myself to smile once more.

"I'll send you an appropriate dress for this event. My lady needs to dress like a true queen, not with these antiquated dresses from Highgarden. I'll have King's Landing's best tailors will be responsible for that.", he said and kissed my hand before I left for my own chambers again.

My head was racing, and I felt as if I was going to pass out every second.

What would my family think of me? I could never be a queen! I didn't even know how I should spend my lifetime with someone who changed their mood within seconds let alone someone I barely even knew.

Unable to leave my room this day, I was left drowning in my worries, waiting for the upcoming announcement to happen.