[18] jealous?

I woke up next to him next morning. We didn't share a blanket after last night, every one of us had their own ones. Joffrey wasn't the thoughtful, romantical kind of man, who thought a lot about love.

Winning was everything. May it be winning wars or winning a woman to be his queen and share his bed. He was someone who didn't like to lose, that was sure.

I wasn't a virgin anymore now. If I would have been just a normal girl somewhere down in the city, this would have meant that I had just turned into worthles dirt. But now that I was sharing the bed with king Joffrey, I didn't mean anything, because the king could do whatever he wanted to, as he kept telling me all over again.

I heard him breathing next to me. So this was it. The thing everyone was talking about. Sleeping with someone, the act how children were made. God, I was disturbed by my own thoughts.

I sat up in the bed and looked over to the window, where the sun flooded the room with sun light.

I yawned and stretched myself. Slowly Joffrey's lashes were slowly lifted up and he looked at me.

"Good morning, love.", I said and kissed him. He kissed me back, as usual, first gently and then a bit rough.

I pulled my head back. "Maybe I should go and see my family, it's been a while. I should tell them the exact date and planes for the wedding."

"No. The servants will do that. You don't need to see them.", Joff replied harshly.
"You're right. They don't deserve the future queen's attention at all."

He smiled proudly and kept staring at me when I got up from his bed and picked up my dress. Even though I was entirely naked, I didn't feel ashamed at all. I have never felt more confident ever before than it that moment. I was Lyra Tyrell, not some random lady of some even more unknown piece of land somewhere in Westeros.

Being his chosen one made my strong and happy with myself. Self-confidence.

"I'm having a meeting with my council today. Your brother will be there, we will talk about the lands the Tyrells will get after you married me. House Tyrell is truly growing strong. Your sister might be there too, because after we married it's her turn to take my brother her husband and there is another wedding to plan.", Joffrey told me and I suddenly started to feel uncomfortable.

My sister. The beautiful, mature, intelligent Lady Margaery, all the pride of our house sitting in front of my beloved king, probably trying to influence him in some way.

"I don't want her to come.", I said.

"Why exactly, m'lady?", Joffrey asked grinning and exactly knowing why.

"Because you already have a woman who you can focus on."

"Are you jealous?"

"No."

"You know that lying to the king is punishable by death.", he said seriously.

"Yes, I am jealous.", I gave in and looked at him trying to seem sulky.

He started smiling a bit again and then stood up to put on his clothes.
I had already managed to dress on again and just stood there, waiting for him to reply something.

Finally, he had just put on his shirt again, he licked his lips and walked over to where I was standing

"Lyra, Lyra, Lyra.", he nearly whispered my name and layed his hands around my cheeks.  "I can do whatever I want to do. You're mine, but I'm not yours."

He then kissed me gently, but I didn't even have the chance to enjoy it, because I felt like I was slightly breaking apart.

Intelligent women did what they were told. So I kept being quiet and just coldy said. "Of course."

He guided me out of the room and left me in front of the door. I clenched my teeth and formed my hands into fists when I walked down my the hall to my chamber.

Why had I been so naive? Warming his bed like a whore he could act around with like a toy he could throw away whenever he wanted a new one. I was his, but he wasn't mine, oh how true his words had been, but was there nothing I could change his mind with?

Margaery was my sister, but if she'd touch my king, she'd get to know me from a whole new side. A very painful one, to remind her who was going to rule our kingdom now.
A painful time for me begun and I couldn't do anything but waiting for him to come back and keeping an eye on my sister.