[17] A dance of lovers

A/N: Tyrion married Sansa before Robb Stark died, so at this point of the plot they are married already. Lyra and Joffrey attented at the wedding together, but nothing important happened, everything had been like in the episode of the show.

And as so often before, we found ourselves in Joffrey's chambers again.

"How dare my old grandfather speak of me like that? I am the king!", he complained, his hand was running through his hair and he sat down on his bed.

"He's a fool. Don't take him seriously, love.", I tried to calm him down. He hated not bein treated like the most important and dangerous man in Westeros.

"And my ugly, little uncle. I'm thinking of visiting Sansa some time and show him what happens to little monster's wives who are insulting me."

Torturing Sansa a bit didn't seem too bad, I thought. She got very close with my family, especially my sister over the weeks.

I saw them walking around the gardens together one day. Laughing and talking. Sansa hated Joffrey and I started despising Margaery more and more. I didn't go to any of the meetings that my family called me to. I wasn't their toy no more.

"Sansa does not deserve your attention.", I said and smiled at him when he started looking at me.

"True. But she deserves pain. I mean being married to a dwarf is probably already painful when you have to see his face everyday, but she is a Stark. Wolves aren't worth anything.", Joffrey thought out loud.

"Maybe we will leave that up to for after our wedding.", I suggested, because all these negative upcoming feelings started to endanger the most important day of my life.

"Yes, sure. The wedding.", he said with less interest. "Mother will care about most of the things. My uncle Jaime will lead the men who are protecting us all the time. This wedding will go down in history."

Obviously the romantical feelings for the wedding were my part and and political success were his.

It did sound a lot, but there was actually one year until our wedding would start. People from all over the Seven Kingdoms were coming; cooks, musicians, servants. Probably even some whores were coming from afar, because littlefinger wanted it like that.

Over the weeks I had learnt a lot about the different people living there. I basically knew nearly everyone. It was funny that my family turned into a bunch of strangers more and more.

"Joffrey?"

"Mh? Did you say something m'lady?"

"I was wondering if I could ask you something...something that is important to me."

"I suppose you can, yes.", he stared at me with  curiousity in his eyes.

"When I provide you with a girl...will she be able to be the queen?"

He stared at me. I hated it when he did that.

"Pray that you're getting a boy, Lyra.", he said, smiled at me and kissed me.

I got goosbumps all over my body. What would be happening if I got a girl. Joffrey had one sister, Myrcella. I didn't know if she was able to become queen if something would happen to her older brothers.

I was pretending that it didn't impress me, but my hands started to shake a bit.

"And if I got a girl?", I asked him.

"Then you'd give birth to more of my children until one of them is a boy. A kingdom needs it's prince, Lyra. It's future king.", he hissed and noticed my shaking hands.

"Is something wrong, my lady?", he added as he started to holding them.

"No, I couldn't feel better.", I replied and could feel how my eyes were starting to get blurry. I just felt so much pressure in that moment. I blinked as often as possible, so I wouldn't start crying.

I didn't know what to do to distract him from my tears, so I leaned forward, took his face into my hands and kissed him.

First he seemed surprised, but then he kissed me back gently. At first it surprised me, but then he went back to his habit; being a bit harsh. Passion. Lust.

Our kiss stopped for a second and he looked deep into my eyes. The way his light blue eyes switched from looking at my eyes first and then at my lips again drove me crazy.
I slightly nodded and our lips met again after Joffrey had pulled up his shirt and my over dress.