[13] waterproof

"It's not safe enough outside the gates anymore. The peasants attacked us with foul vegetables and other things. We rode back. I will have them all killed! Mother, could you care about that?", Joffrey stopped holding my hands and walked over to his mother.

"Of course, Joff. Anything you wish fo-", Cersei smiled at him.

"Good.", he interrupted her, "Lyra, come walk with me. The king needs to revive from his trip."

Joffrey called me to take his arm and I took it.

The blazing sun shone down on us as we walked to a small peace of shore next to the stone railing.
We looked down on the bay where the sea reflected the sun above us. Joffrey leant onto the railing with stretched arms.

"Why did these people try to harm you?", I asked him.

He looked at me with disgust in his eyes.
"Do I look like I know why? They are stupid folks, peasants, butchers. Idiots, fools. Who do they think they are treating the king like one of their kinds.", he started getting angrier with every word.

I shouldn't have asked him about it...he obviously felt blamed.
Then I thought about something.
"They should pay for what they did. You are the king.", I said to him while he was staring at the sea frowning.

He turned his head to me with a sudden move "Yes", he went "I am."

My hands embraced his arm and I looked at him. "You're showing too much mercy."

"Am I?", he questioned and sounded a bit angry again.

"Yes. You couldn't enjoy your hunt because of them. And they could have killed my beloved king or could've harmed him", I tried to say something what he could like.

He broke lose from my grip and shouted at me "Do you think I can't take care of myself? Do you?"

"No, of course not! You're so brave, and intelligent to come back here instead of  remaining on hunt", I nervously brandished with my hands.

He slowly calmed down and seemed pleased. He even started smiling a bit.

"I will go to my room, to rest. Come to me in the evening. We will dine together. Wear something nice.", he grinned at me again, kissed my hand, turned around and walked away.

Half happy about the inviation, half sad about just a kiss on my hand inatead my mouth, I decided to dip my feet into the cold water below the railing and I walked down a small path to a small stony bay.

I put off my new shoes, which Joffrey had bestowed me with, together with the dress for our wedding annoucement.

My feet touched the water and I tried to pull my dress up, so I could get deeper into it.

One more step, and another. On a hot day like this one was every little way to cool down felt welcome.

Suddenly, I didn't see it coming, one of the stones in the water I was standing on, slid down and I was pulled down with it. A chain reaction was started.

First I fell into the water, then my dress soaked with water and pulled me down into a deeper area, where my feet left the ground.

I couldn't swim. I couldn't ride. But I could read and behave like a lady. But that wouldn't help me out of that situation anymore.

The dress made me stay under the water, I tried to move my arms in a way, that I thought would keep me on surface, but nothing helped.

Seven hells! Why was I so good dying by doing the most normal things one could do?

On a sudden, two strong arms pulled me up and I could breathe freely again.

"Lyra?! Do I need to lock you in a chamber until you stop prejudice your own life?", instead of a worried person I found an entirely wet and furious Joffrey in front of me

"Oh, my knight, my king, thank you, apologize my stupidity!", I choked once more on water.

He pulled me up onto his arms and carried me and my heavy, soaked dress onshore.

"That was stupid. I didn't expect an intelligent Tyrell to do silly things like that.", he let me down and I tried to get up, even though the dress didn't make it easy for me.

"I am clumsy. I apologize a thousand fold. I don't know why these things always happen to me.", I tried to convince my king.

Joffrey was still wearing his hunting armor, he must have jumped into the water with it, and I could tell it didn't look like it was as light as a feather.

"That was stupid.", he said again, surveying my face strongly. His eyes alternating between my mouth and my eyes.

"My king, you're my savior.", I replied and noticed how the tension between us got more intense.

"Stop these formal salutations", he commanded whispering, when Joffrey's mouth met mine and this time it wasn't over after a second already. His lips were even colder than last time, but combined with my warm ones they made a perfect match.