[16] Robb Stark is dead.

"There we go! Good girl.", I heard Joffrey laughing from behind. He was so happy.

I put the crossbow on the next table I saw. The handmaiden had twitched one to two times after my arrow had pierced her heart.

I stared at her, feeling nothing. And this was what scared me. It was no good sign if killing didn't feel wrong. But, as I said, I didn't.

"Lyra.", I heard Joffrey's voice behind me.

I looked at him. I couldn't smile.

"Yes?"

"What you just did showed me that you're not just some silly, little girl. Things will change now that you showed me what you're able to do.", he smiled at me in an understanding way.

"What exactly will change?", I asked.

"Mother said I wouldn't have to see the girl I would marry too often, except for public events or...at the bedding ceremony.", he said, "But these were the times where the Stark bitch was promised to me. Things have changed. I want to see you every day when we are married. You showed me that you're worth it. You're more likely to become my queen than anyone else."

Why did Joffrey always spoke in riddles? Were some direct compliments too much effort?

"Joffrey, I love these plans for our future you're speaking of. But what's the point now? I don't really like the way your way of treating me changes from time to time. I already told you." I crossed my arms.

The king lifted up my chin with his hand slightly and looked down on my. I wasn't a violent grip, he was gentle.

"You decided it already. You have not idea how much it means that you shot that girl, have you? I am proud to call you my lady. I will never be cruel to you again. But though, I am your king. I decide things about us, about you. Do you understand?"

"Yes", I whispered and smiled slyly.

His head moved closer to mine and at the same moment his hands pulled my head to his'.

Joff placed a hard, short kiss onto my lips and before I could return it he had moved back again and smirked. He had noticed that I wanted to kiss him back, but couldn't.

"We've got a life time for that.", he kept smirking at me knowing. "Go to sleep now."

And I left without any more word, but that didn't change anything. We had a stronger connection than before. Both of us knew that.

Eight days later, the small council came together for a meeting. Joffrey told me to be present as well. So I sat there, Tywin Lannister next to me, together with Cersei, Varys, Lord Tyrion and other's all together at one table.

Joffrey gave me a glare and walked over to his uncle, holding a small piece of paper with a note on it.

"Is this bad poetry or is it supposed to mean something?", the dwarf asked his nephew.

"Robb Stark is dead! And his bitch mother!", Joffrey happily announced.

My heart stopped for a second. That meant the war was over and our wedding could take place. I swallowed and my throat hurt. I was so focused on my thoughts, that I didn't hear what the council kept talking about.

I heard Joffrey screaming first. "I AM THE KING."

But suddenly lord Tywin spoke up

But suddenly lord Tywin spoke up. "Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."

I stared to Joffrey, he stared at his grandfather and started a discussion about his father being the true hero of the war and got really heated.

"The king is tired, send him to his chambers.", Tywin said and Cersei got up to guide him.

"Maybe the king and his fiancee should leave together. Maybe she can calm down the king a bit. That's why I always have company of some beauties and look at me, could I smile brighter?", Tyrion mentioned and I silently caused him.

"Did you just speak of my lady Lyra the same way you speak of your whores?", Joffrey asked his uncle and stepped closer to him. I didn't feel comfortable in this situation at all.

"Joffrey, can we leave? I don't feel well.", I said as loud as I could and he turned around, his emotions changed from anger to worry.  "Of course. I could kill you whenever I wanted to, remeber that you little monster.", he turned his head again to his uncle before we left.

I walked around the table and felt the glares of everyone in my back. They jugded me. Especially Cersei looked at me with pure poison in her eyes, as Joffrey took my hand and eyed me to check if I was alright.

All her life he was focused on her, she had controlled him. Now he was old enough to control others himself. And now, now the focus was on me.