[1] a holy vow

My name is Lyra Tyrell, first of my name. I was born and raised in Highgarden, our sigil is a golden rose. My father, Mace Tyrell, has two more children. My brother Loras and my older sister Margaery. She is only slightly older than me. People often say that I look a lot like my mother, who has died a few years ago. My siblings all have curly hair and I am no exception. Though, the colour of my hair is close to black, the same colour mum used to have. Enough about that. Let us begin with the story.

~

We had left Highgarden for King's Landing. I hadn't seen my siblings in a while. They had joined Renly Baratheon's army camp after Margaery had married him and Loras became a knight in Renly's king's guard. It was the time when Robert Baratheon had just died and the young king Joffrey Baratheon had taken over the iron throne. Rumours about that boy were causing the 'king madness', as I like to call it.

By that I meant the several Baratheons claimed the right to sit on the throne, accusing Joffrey of not having the actual birth right to be the king.

I had no clue if it any of it was true. Him being the product of incest sounded like a rather poor excuse for Roberts siblings to claim the throne for themselves.

Though I had heard a lot of horrible things the king had already done in his short period of reign.

Shortly after Margaery and Loras had joined his army camp, Renly had been murdered by something they couldn't explain. Talks about a cursed shadow were getting louder and my siblings had to leave his war camp to stay secure. They moved towards King's Landing, where Loras wanted to propose Margaery to the young king everyone was talking about. It would be the best for the wealth and safety of our family. And Margaery was smart, she knew how to act her way with people to get what she wanted.

Together with my grandmother Olenna we headed to the capital city of Westeros, where I had never gone before. I was incredibly excited to find out about the beautiful gardens there. Of course, nothing could reach the gardens of Highgarden, but though I was curious.

After we had arrived, my gran and I went to the throne hall where he sat.

Just the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms.

A loud voice interrupted my thoughts. "Joffrey, of houses Baratheon and Lannister. First of his name. King of the Andales and Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the realm.", a man standing in front of the huge throne announced.

Next to him was standing another man, older than him. I didn't recognize him at first, but when I saw the golden pin shaped like hand, I knew it was Tywin Lannister, the grandfather hand of the king.

I didn't recognize him at first, but when I saw the golden pin shaped like hand, I knew it was Tywin Lannister, the grandfather hand of the king.

I was standing in the last row behind all these people in the ginormous hall. Suddenly I heard the voice of the king for the first time.

"Ser Loras Tyrell.", Joffrey waved and Loras kneeled in front of him. "Your house has come to our aid. The whole realm is in your debt, none more so than I. If your family would ask for anything, then it shall be yours."

"Your grace", Loras spoke up carefully, "my sister Margaery, her husband was taken from us before...she remains innocent."

The king lifted his chin, interested. Loras started to speak again. "If you would take her as your wife, it would a great honour for our family."

Joffrey glazed at Margaery with a sly smirk and asked, "Is that what you want, Lady Margaery?"

"With all my heart, your grace", she replied, smiling innocently back at him. She knew what to say. She was smart. "I've come to love your from afar, tales of your courage and wisdom were never far from my ear."