[25] never apart

After I had tried on my wedding dress once again there was barely time left until the breakfast would be starting. The first ceremony of our wedding was for giving presents to the king.

I arrived there with a dress that was my 2nd most beautiful one, the actual wedding dress was the 1st.

I commanded reliable handmaidens to watch over my children for that time and made my way to the ceremony. Joffrey saw me from afar and waited for me patiently.

"M'lady.", he said and kissed my hand. After that I stepped closer to kiss him on the cheek. We kept it formal.

I greeted my father, who had travelled here only just for the wedding and I was incredibly happy that at least one present Tyrell didn't hate me.

I sat down next to Joffrey and he looked at me with a sparkle of pride in his eyes. This would become the most important day for me, I thought.

The first one to give gim a present was my very own father, Mace Tyrell.
It was a massive gold cup, incredibly rare and expensive. "May you and my daughter Lyra drink deep and live long.", he smiled at Joff and I smiled at him too.

", he smiled at Joff and I smiled at him too

"Thank you my lord. Or should I call you father?", he replied and left me in surprise. I didn't expect him talking familiar with my father.

"I would be honored your grace!", father said and bowed.

Lord Tyrion, who sat next to his wife Sansa Stark was sitting next to him, was the next one.

He gave Joffrey a rare book about the history of Westeros and it's kings and wars. "A book every king should read.", he added after telling the king what the book was about.

Everyone was sure what would come next. Joffrey would tell his uncle in the meanest way what he thought of him, but instead of that he surprised everyone again.

"Now that the war is one we should all find time for wisdom. Thank you uncle."

Under the table, I took his hand for a second and looked at him. I wanted him to know I liked how he acted without making him angry by embarassing him in front of everyone.

Tywin, his grandfather, gave him something else than the others

Tywin, his grandfather, gave him something else than the others. A sword of the finest Valyrian steel, only two of them existed.

He immediately stood up and pulled it out of it's sheath and begun to cut into the book Tyrion gave him with all his strength.

I was crying out loud once. Joff brandished his sword around. "Such a great sword shall have a name! What should I call her."

People around the ceremony, kind of an audience started to scream names at him. At one name he started to think. "Widow's Wail. I like that. Everytime I'll use it it'll be like cutting off Ned Stark's head all over again.", he said, gave Sansa the evil eye and walked around the table again to sit with me.

He looked so happy meanwhile everyone else on our table was either looking down or drinking something.

I was happy to leave the table earlier, with the excuse that the children were restless because I wasn't with them.

"Where are you going?", my to be-husband asked me.

"The children can't sleep. I don't want them to be crying all day."

"We have handmaidens for that job, Lyra. Stay here."

"Love, I have to see them. They say only the presence of a mother will make them sleep. They need it, they're in the age of gaining strength by growing. Please..."

"Fine. I'll pay you a visit before we meet at the sept of Baelor for the wedding ceremony.", he replied and adverted his gaze from me.

Devon and Meela indeed cried when I arrived. Two women where holding them, trying to calm them down. I took Meela first to dandle her.

It didn't work

It didn't work. Maybe it was something different. Children experience their surrounding world in a different way. They feared something.

I started to sing for them while they were laying in their beds. I wasn't a good singer, but it seemed to work at least a bit.

I commanded the women to care for them again when Joffrey arrived.

"I wanted to talk to you once again before we'll be married.", he said and took my hand."I want us to be the best king and queen that ever were. This wedding will be the start of an era, they will fear us. They will respect us. They will adore and admire us. It's only just the beginning." His hands rested on my cheeks.

"They will.", I could only say.

"Our children will be the smartest, mightiest and bravest royal children that ever were, I'll care for that. My mother is the most powerful woman of the realm but today, today you'll become that. My queen. Mother of my children." and then his lips met mine.

We had never been perfect. We both knew that. He would never be able to love me in a way I wished he would, but having me and being happy with it was something nobody else was honored with by him.

But what he had now, what was about to come, was bigger and better.

And deep down inside of me I knew that we needed each other. And if one of us died, the other one would die too.