“No buts, mister,” I joked and stuck my tongue out at him while shutting my locker.

I made my way to Mr. Jenkins’s room, taking my usual seat next to Abigail. “Good morning D,” she smiled encouragingly at me, telling me all hell will be over soon.

“Hey Abs,” I sighed.

“Look, it’ll be over soon.”

“Hopefully,” I groaned.

“I’m sure Weston will keep you safe.” I grimaced and let out a laugh.

“Sure and I’m sure pigs will fly,” I said after my laughing fit.

“You know you don’t believe that, D. Even after the shit he’s put you through, he’ll keep you safe. When are you going to stop being in denial?”

Suddenly, the door burst open and the Crescent Pack walked in. “Ah, you guys made it on time! Perhaps we should have a party?” Mr. Jenkins teased, looking up from the book he was reading.

Weston came in last and said, “Don’t forget the alcohol.” A couple of snickers erupted from the class.

“Speaking of the devil,” I muttered and groaned, ignoring Eli and Abigail’s bickering again. It quickly ended when Mr. Jenkins told them they would have detention if they don’t shut their mouths.

“I heard that,” Weston grunted and sat in his seat. He glared at the board, muttering something incoherently.

“Okay class. We will begin on page 196 in your textbook –“ I felt something hit the side of my head and land on my desk. My nostrils flared as I took the crumpled piece of paper and opened it up.

It didn’t take me long to realize Weston’s handwriting. ‘I like what you did with your hair today. Did the washing machine do it? Maybe you should start a trend,’ it read.

I knew I looked like crap. My appearance wasn’t my biggest priority right now. However, he didn’t need to remind me about it.

It took me a whole lot of my sanity not to bang my head on my desk. I gripped my pen tighter and scribbled something sarcastic on the note. ‘How did you know I used the washing machine? :O I know you’re creepy and all, but you don’t have to stalk me,’ I wrote.

I crumpled it back up and threw the wad of paper. However, I have bad aiming. So instead of hitting Weston in the head as I planned, I hit Jet. He looked up from his book, irritation crossing his features. I smiled apologetically at him, while he threw the paper at Weston.

Before I knew it, the paper hit me in the head again. I slammed my fist on the desk and grabbed the paper and read it. ‘Did your grandma dress you today?’

‘Did your dog dress you today?’ I replied, throwing the paper at him once again. I almost jumped up and down in success when it hit his nose. Score! Right in the face!

‘That doesn’t even make sense,’ He replied.

‘Being you, I wouldn’t expect you to figure that out, genius. You’re really stupid, you know.’

‘I’m stupid for you babe ;) You do realize you called me a genius and stupid.’

‘I know that, I’m not stupid. The genius part was me being sarcastic.’

My eye was twitching when the paper hit me on the head again. I snapped my head at Weston and hoped that daggers shot out of them. He smiled smugly at me, obviously amused at my irritation. “Can you stop bothering me, Marshall?” I yelled at him from across the room.

“Stop pretending you don’t like it,” he smirked, crossing his arms.

“I don’t like it, genius! Gosh, you’re stupider than a tomato!” I threw my hands up to show my aggravation. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and laughed at us.

“Is stupider even a word? And a tomato? Seriously?” He snickered.

“Oh, you little bas –“

“Mr. Marshall, Ms. Saunders, quiet down now or I will give you both detention,” Mr. Jenkins warned.

“But she started it,” Weston looked at our teacher in disbelief, pouting his bottom lip and pointing a finger at me as if he were a little child.

“What! I did not start this! You were the one who threw me this stupid paper in the first place!”

“Oh, shut up, you sound like a child.”

“Calm do-“ Mr. Jenkins tried to say.

I sound like a child? Buy a mirror, Marshall!”

Weston laughed. “You’re more stupid than me. I mean, why buy a mirror if you’re suggesting I listen to myself?”

“You’re just scared to buy a mirror because you’ll see a monster on the other side!”

“Kids, if you don’t –“

“The only monster I would see is you!” Weston retorted.

“That’s enough!” Mr. Jenkins boomed. His voice shook the tables and the laughs died down. At that moment, he didn’t sound like he was in his mid twenties. Weston and I just sat there, seething and glaring at each other. “Detention after school for both of you! Since you both seem to find note passing hilarious in my class, why don’t you share it to all of us?”

Mr. Jenkins snatched the paper from my desk before I could grab it myself. He opened up the paper and I turned beet red when he started reading it. I was so embarrassed that I hid my face behind my hands. However, the last thing Weston wrote, the one thing I didn’t read before snapping at Weston made me one angry teenage girl.

“At least I know that you muttering in your sleep that I’m sexy is definitely not the sarcastic side of you, babe,” Mr. Jenkins read what Weston wrote. The whole class burst into laughter. Mr. Jenkins tried to contain his strict composure but ended up laughing with everyone. He cleared his throat, while his eyes stared amusingly at the paper.

I looked back at Weston to see if he was embarrassed as well, but he just casually leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. A smirk made his way to his lips as he looked at me. Of course he wasn’t embarrassed. He won this one. He got the last word when we were bickering in class and the last word when we were arguing through notes.

I was sure steam was blowing out of my ears as Weston pointed a finger to me and threw up one finger and pointed to himself, throwing up two fingers. That only meant one thing. Weston: 2 points, Danny: 1 point.

Oh, game on Marshall.

-------

Hmmm, likey? Wait till next chapter! Detention!

Xo, zabelle06.

Next chapter will be up soon! :D