Hallelujah

Dedicated to EverPercaLangelo10
More Nico!singing, I just feel he'd be an incredible singer, and I keep finding more and more songs, so. . .

Nico moved his fingers on the grand piano's keys, his voice ripping from his throat in a scratchy, yet soothing, way.

"Well, I heard there was a secret chord,
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?

Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift!
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Well your faith was strong but you needed proof,
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you

She tied you to her kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah,"

The noise was drawing attention, and a crowd gathered in the open door of the music room the big house had, usually reserved for Apollo kids. Who they saw inside however, shocked them. Nico Di Angelo was moving his fingers against the keys with a grace that some Apollo kids were jealous of. Nico hadn't noticed them, and it was better he hadn't, he would have disappeared into shadows if he knew he had an audience.

"Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Baby, I've been here before
I've know this room and I've walked this floor, (you know)
I used to live alone before I knew ya

And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

There was a time when you let me know
What's real and going on below,
But now you never show that to me, do you?
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too,
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah!

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah..."

Nico took a deep breath.

"Maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you,

And it's not a cry you can hear at night,
It's not somebody who's seen the light,
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah"

Nico's voice increased in volume, before quieting.

"Hallelujah, hallelujah hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah [x3]".

Nico let his finger lift from the key, his foot pressing into the pedal to elongate the sound. As soon as the note died, Nico stood, pushing back the stool slightly. Keeping his head down, he turned towards the door, a gasp escaping him as applause filled the room loudly. Nico stumbled back, almost tripping over the bench. There wasn't even laughter at Nico's startled face, only whistling and cheering.

Nico gave a small smile, but his heart felt heavy. A familiar face appeared, and Nico immediately looked away, the want to see Will battling the want to run from him.

Will pushed through the crowd, and stood just inside the doorway, leaning against the wall, until people left. He closed the door quietly, before turning to Nico.

"That was for me, wasn't it? Even if I wasn't supposed to hear it."
Nico nodded silently, not trusting his voice, the knot in his throat making it difficult to swallow. Will blew out a breath, closing his eyes, before crossing the room to Nico's side, pulling him into a hug. Nico gasped, automatically wrapping his arms around the blonde's neck.
"Will?" Nico muffled out, face buried in the blonde's chest.
"I'm sorry. I just, I, I don't even know, and that's the worst part!"
Nico looked up, letting one hand tangle in Will's blonde waves. "I don't know either!" Nico let out a quiet laugh, pressing a kiss the the blonde's lips. Will kissed back happily, relaxing against Nico, glad that whatever the problem was, it had been resolved. Nico pulled away, but kept his arms around Will's neck, and Will's hands stayed on his slim hips.

"I love you." Nico murmured, and Will beamed.
"I love you too."