Homecoming

Warning-Feels

"Percy, seriously. No." Nico tries shutting the door for the third time, trying to get his black haired cousin to leave him alone.
"Well, that's too bad. C'mon Nico, it will just be the two of us."
Nico peaked out from behind the door, eyes narrowed. "I don't want to." He whined, shoulders slumping.
"I know. Believe me, I know Nico. It's hard. But for tonight, just, relax."
Nico hesitated. Five days ago, he would have been ecstatic to go out, take his mind off the face that Will was coming home from Iraq. Nico hadn't seen Will in two years! But then Will didn't come home three days ago like he was supposed to. And Nico hadn't stepped out of his apartment in two days.
"Nico, please?"
Nico relented, opening the door. Percy smiled gently, before closing the door behind him and dragging Nico back into the bedroom.
"Shower while I pick out what you're wearing. Also, it's karaoke."
Nico spluttered. "What! No, I'm not do-"
"Yes you are." Percy interrupted, already digging through Nico's drawers.
Nico sighed, knowing the son of Poseidon was as stubborn as he was. Nico closed and locked the bathroom door behind him, yanking his shirt over his head. He glanced at the mirror, and his shoulder's slumped. His eyes had dark bruises under them, his eyes dull and sad. He ran a hand through his for once non shaggy black hair. When he'd thought Will was coming home, he'd gotten a haircut, the sides once again shaved close to his skull, his fringe the perfect length. Nico shook his head, stepping into the shower.

Nico stepped out of the shower, and entered his room his towel hanging low on his hips, showing his sharp hip bones that outlined his v-line, and his once again olive-toned skin shining with water droplets. He brushed his fringe out his his eyes with his right hand, his toned torso rippling.

Percy walked over with a grin, and tapped his shoulder. Nico rolled his eyes, mumbling; "Thank you." as he was now dry. Percy smirked, and walked out of the room to let Nico change. Nico eyes the clothes on the bed warily, before he walked over. Surprisingly, the other boy knew Nico's style. On the bed were a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, *cough, ones Will would have gone crazy for, cough* and a tight button down navy blue shirt.
He quickly changed, and met Percy in the kitchen, where the sea-green eyed boy was helping himself to a glass of water. Not the worst thing he's helped himself to. Nico scanned Percy up and down, taking in the blue jeans and grey button up. He sighed, alerting Percy of his presence.
"Ready?" Percy asked, and Nico nodded slowly.

Nico glared at the bubbling Coke in his hand, slightly annoyed Percy had brought him to a bar, only to not let him drink. Percy was next to him, slowly swaying and occasionally bumping his hip against Nico's, as they listened to the people brave enough to be on stage, sing.
"You should sing." Percy said suddenly.
"Me? No way. No how." I won't say I'm in love
"Yes you! And why not? You're incredible at it!"
Nico scoffed, though he knew it was true. When Will and Nico had first started dating, Will managed to get Nico to sing at the school campfire. But Nico had lost the will to sing. Get it? The WILL to sing? I didn't even realize until I looked back at it!

And yet, somehow, against his wish, Nico found himself up on a stage. He scowled against the bright lights, before sighing. He grabbed the mic, and grumbled out the song.
"Good Grief, Bastille."

Nico stood with his lips pressed together, as the over voice spoke. "So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?"

"Watching through my fingers, watching through my fingers
Shut my eyes and count to ten
It goes in one ear out the other, one ear out the other
Burning bright right till the end
Now you'll be missing from the photographs, missing from the photographs,"
Nico gripped the mic tightly, his nerves jumping as he glanced around the room, trying to ignore the stares.
"Watching through my fingers, watching through my fingers
In my thoughts you're far away
And you are whistling the melody, whistling the melody
Crystallizing clear as day
Oh, I can picture you so easily, picture you so easily
What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?
What's gonna be left of the world, oh
Every minute and every hour
I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more
Every stumble and each misfire
I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more!
Watching through my fingers, watching through my fingers
Caught off guard by your favorite song
I'll be dancing at a funeral, dancing at a funeral
Sleeping in the clothes you love
It's such a shame we had to see them burn, shame we had to see them burn
What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?
What's gonna be left of the world, oh
Every minute and every hour
I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more
Every stumble and each misfire
I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more"