Chapter 85

"Mommy, mommy" Julian cried, running up to Cay. "Hey baby" his mommy replied, ruffling his hair. "Mom!" Julian scoffed, pulling away from her.

His image was growing more and more mute, like he was disappearing. He was still smiling and talking to her, but she couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Julian!" She cried out to him, but he didn't answer, he just kept moving away from her until he was gone.

"Julian!" Cay screamed out, bolting up in bed. Marco ran back into the room. "Baby, calm down" he said. "Your blood pressure. It's not good for you or the baby."

"Marco, please! You have to get our baby back!" She howled, obviously in tremendous pain from knowing that Julian was taken.

She had grabbed his jacket lapels, her eyes giant mirrors of pain. "Please Marco! He's just a baby! You have to get him back!" By this time Dr. Marchand had run into the room with a small sedative which she inserted into the IV.

Her eyes started to glaze over as Marco helped her lay back down, but it didn't stop her from still mumbling about Julian.

Marco's heart was breaking, he'd never felt pain like this before. He was devastated with Nono's death, but this was different. This was his son and he was only four years old.

Jules ended up with a broken arm, cuts and bruises, and she had been released already, so she was sitting with Cay, guarded by Marco's soldiers.

Her eyes were red from crying, she was devastated over Julian and begged him and Andre to please find him. "Marco he's just a baby" she sobbed.

"Jules, we'll find him, I just need you to keep Cay calm. If I know that she is okay and well, then I'll be able to concentrate on finding our son." Jules nodded at her brother's words.

Marco was holding on by a thread, thinking about their son, alone and being scared, it was more than he could handle right now.

Dre was whisking him away to a meeting with Valkin and Mac, hoping they had some leads, anything to help them find their loved ones. 

That arrived at Valkin's warehouse, where the best and brightest tech minds were hard at work, getting them the answers they needed.

"Marco" Valkin greeted him as they entered through the side door.  His eyes mirroring the same emotions as his and Mac was walking around cursing and swearing, obviously upset as his daughter is only fifteen.

"I just want you to know that my wife and I have never been able to have children, and my wife is desperate to become a mother.  I'm telling you this, as I've told Mac, she will take care of your boy and his girl.

Illena will make sure they are safe.  She could, how you say, sell ice to an Eskimo?  She will keep them close and make sure they aren't scared.  She also knows that we will find them."

"I appreciate that Val, I really do.  My wife's not handling this too well, she's still in the hospital with cuts and bruises and they had to sedate her earlier.

Now, let's get Mac calm and find this bastard and get our family back, si?"  Valkin nodded and said "Da."

They pulled each camera video feed, for each abduction sight and then the techs compared each vehicle that intercepted each of the head's family cars.

"Illena has a tracking device in her wedding ring but every time we try to get a lock on it, something jams it.  We are randomly checking it every half hour. 

We're hoping that maybe whatever they're using to jam it, has to be rebooted or might go off line."  That was a ray of hope that each man cling to.

They spent the next several hours going over what happened, wondering if they would hear anything from Reagan, when each man's cell phone pinged.

Carmine had each man send the test message, which contained a video, to a secret email account and then he opened them one at a time. Marco's first.

"Daddy I'm okay. The man said to just do what he asks you too and then I can come home. I love mommy and I hope her and Isabelle are okay."

Marco brought his fist to his mouth, just glad to see his son and there appeared to be no injuries to his little body.

Next was Valkin's wife, Illena. She was beautiful and appeared to be several years younger than him.

"Valkin, dorogoyo, I am fine, unharmed for now. You will receive another video later telling you of their demands. I love you."

Valkin was obviously touched by the video, but glad like Marco that she was alive and well for the time being.

Lastly was Mac's daughter. A beautiful, spunky redhead named Gallis.

"Da, I'm doin fine. They say they will be sendin ya another video soon. I love ya."

Mac just closed his eyes, as each of them received their proof of life and took it as buying themselves some time while they looked for their family members.

Marco stepped away to call Jules and check on her and Cay, hoping that she was still sleeping, he worried about her.

"Jules, we were taking a break and I wanted to check in. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm sore, Marco but other than that I'm okay I guess" she said.

"How's Cay?" He asked his sister. "She's still sleeping but she whimpers and cries in her sleep. One minute she's calling for you and the next minute she's calling for Julian. My heart is breaking for you both" she sniffed.

He chose not to tell her about the videos just yet and promised he would come back to the hospital when he could.

When he got off the phone, Valkin and Mac said they were getting additional men brought in from their territories and advised Marco to do the same.

It was time to reach out to Bertolli. A family friend that moved his businesses to Jersey.

Marco had saved his life back in the day and since Paulo insisted he owed Marco a debt, he said he would hold on to it, for when he really needed it.

Today was that day. He needed it like never before.

"Paulo, it's Marco DeLuca. I'm calling in that favor."