Chapter 54

Cay lay next to Marco, just listening to him breath. It calmed her from the inside out while her mind and heart tumbled in turmoil over the loss of Nono.

Marco told her last night, after their shower, that Nono's funeral would be day after tomorrow and she was dreading it with every fiber of her being.

He'd also told her what Julian said about Nono being an angel and it just broke her heart further, but looking back she was so glad that Julian was able to have his great grandfather for four years.

Marco's stirring drug her from her thoughts. Turning her head, she looked over at her beautiful husband and still to this day she wondered how she'd been so blessed that he loved her.

"Oh!" She exclaimed softly, clutching her belly. Marco must have been tired because he didn't wake up with her small outburst.

Quietly she got up on her knees beside Marco and took his left hand and placed it on her belly and waited.

The baby moved again, kicking a little harder and that roused her daddy enough that he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and blinked at her.

"Our little princepessa is feeling a little active this morning, no?" His voice raspy from sleep.

"She is" Cay replied, her voice sounding just as tired as it had yesterday and this did not go unnoticed by her husband.

"Cay, farfalla. You sound so tired. Please promise me you will stay in bed. You are going to need your strength in a couple of days."

She knew where his concerns lie and she shared it as well. Sighing, she said "I know. I will stay in bed and rest but only if you let Julian come have breakfast in bed and bring his book so I can read to him."

Marco got up on his knees, facing her, her hands resting on his thighs as he pulled her sleep shirt off and tossed it to the floor.

Laying her down gently, Marco pressed closer into her, his body humming in pleasure at the sensation of her bare body against his.

He placed his left arm across the top of her head, placing his lips to hers, he mumbled "Ti amo, Cay. Mi amore."

With Nono's death and her hormones running amuck, Cay started to cry at his words.

She continued to cry even while her husband made love to her, the tears coating her face as Marco tried to reassure her that everything would be okay.

She'd never experienced an orgasm like the one she just had. Their bodies were so close together, her face buried in his shoulder, her body shuddered with her release as did his.

It was the only time, since they'd been a couple where there was no vocalizing with their climax. None, but it still felt good, cathartic to be able to cry with her husband as they both came.

He helped her with a bath, kneeling at the end of the tub, washing her hair and caring for her like a small child and she would let him because he needed it and so did she.

She saw the blood washing off his body in the shower the night before and it made her feel proud that he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty for their family.

She couldn't even begin to imagine what he'd done but she knew beyond a doubt they got what they deserved and a tiny part of her felt bad for Braeden Whitford because in doing what he did to her family, he had summoned a demon that not even he would be able to escape from.

Revenge is powerful and fuels people to do things they never thought they had the strength to do, as she would learn later on.

When Marco was finished with her, he pulled the drain, dried her off and pulled a long sweater over her head.

Next he sat her down and put on some beige fluffy socks to ensure her feet stayed warm.

She didn't need to come down with a cold, she had to stay well and he would make sure she did.

"What would you like for breakfast" Marco asked as he brushed and braided her hair in one long braid down her back.

"Can you make pancakes? Julian hasn't had them since the morning of our trip to Morocco" she replied.

"Okay, what else?" He asked gently. She giggled a little, saying she was craving orange juice and sausage.

"Anything for my fiorella and the mother of my children. You crawl into bed and I'll go collect Julian and his book." He started to turn, when she touched his hand making him turn back to her.

"Grazie Marco. Ti amo" she said softly through glistening eyes. A tender kiss is what she received, that and the pleasure of watching her husband walk out of their room, his broad back so sexy but carrying the weight of the world.

She vowed, after he left, that she would not give him one reason to worry about her. She would do everything he asked of her, anything to release the stress he was saddled with.

Ten minutes later a little rambunctious boy came running into her room, book in his hand, broad smile covering his beautiful little face.

A complete carbon copy of Marco, their little boy. His hair, his face and facial expressions, her little man. Julian Salvatore DeLuca, his son and heir.

"Mommy, I love you so much" he declared, laying his head on her shoulder. Oh Lord help her as the tears flowed.

"Baby mommy loves you so much too. You are such a strong and brave boy. Daddy and I are both very proud of you. Now, what chapter are we on?" She asked, taking his book.

Finding the chapter, she started reading about kings, Knights, swords and horses, complete with sound affects and different voices.

Marco came in, a large tray in his hands, the food smelling pretty wonderful.

He sat it down on the table in their room and he and Julian helped her from bed and the three of them sat down to a family breakfast, leaving the pain and sorrow behind, just for a short while they could pretend.