Chapter 79

Cay had taken care of redressing Marco's wounds, got him a pain pill and helped him into bed.

"Will you stay with me?" He asked. Cay scooted down and opened her arms, inviting Marco to lay in her arms.

His hair was so soft and smelled so good, plus the feeling of him laying on her belly was comforting and she'd hoped it would be for him too.

"Marco, we will be okay and we will get through this. And no matter what, I need you to know that I love you." She didn't expect an answer but he needed to know how she felt.

Then he did something she hadn't heard him do in a long time. He chuckled.

Isabelle was very active and she was kicking her daddy in the cheek. Maybe she just knew what her daddy needed.

"She goes through these periods where she hardly moves at all and then there are times that I can't get her to stop. It's absolutely amazing" Cay sighed.

Marco had been hypnotizing her by rubbing her belly and it was relaxing her better than any shower.

"You are absolutely amazing" he whispered. She could tell by his breath sounds that the pain medicine was kicking in and he'd be asleep soon.

His men needed to see him at family dinner and so did his sister and son, so once Cay knew he was soundly out of it, she slid from bed and began the preparations.

Dressed in a lilac sweater and cream leggings, she hurried to Jules room.

Knocking softly, she waited for Jules to answer. "Is Marco okay?" She asked concerned as she opened the door for Cay to come in.

She was embarrassed to find Andre, laying on Jules' bed, without a shirt and both of them with bed head.

"Oh God, I am so sorry I bothered you guys" Cay cringed at what she interrupted.

Jules just giggled as Dre got up and put his shirt on. "You didn't interrupt anything, Cay" he said sweetly.

"Well since you're both here, we are picking back up with family dinner tonight. Dre can you pass the word and Jules, I could use your help putting it together.

Marco needs routine right now. I want to give him as much normalcy as possible. He's going to go through a bevy of emotions, the next coming days, even weeks.

We are going to need to be patient with him and most of all, we need to remember that his outburst will not be personal, he's lashing out."

"You're very good for him, Cay" Andre said. Jules nodded, swiping under her eyes. "I will help you with whatever I can" Jules told her.

"Cay keep this is in mind as well" Dre started. "My aunt Cecilia has custody of my two nephews. One is four and the other is six.

If, for whatever reason, we need to send Julian somewhere that it's not so tense, she would love for him to visit. I mean we are familiglia now."

That wasn't a bad idea. Their school would be taking another month long break, since they are year-round, and it would do Julian some good to have other kids to play with.