Chapter 64

Marco concentrated on the task at hand which was, when they landed his private jet at Chicago's O'Hare airport, he and his task force were after Braeden Whitford and baring anyone's slip of the tongue, they would have him in a matter of hours, or at least that's what he was hoping for.

He took out his phone and looked, one more time at the picture of his pregnant Cay and Julian, smiling at him, helping him to keep his eye on what was important and that was them, his famiglia.

Once they touched down, there were seven blacked out SUVs that met his plane on the tarmac and thanks to a certain airport official that was on his payroll, they had landed near a hangar that was empty and off grid from prying eyes.

It had been set up just like his warehouse and once their mission had been successful and they had Whitford, it would be destroyed.  No trace that they were ever there.

He had sixty men, set into six teams, containing ten men.  All with sharp shooter skills, ground and tactical warfare skills and could be as quiet as little mice. 

You would never hear them coming until your throat had been cut and by then it would be too late.

They were the best in the business and they worked for him, Marco Salvatore DeLuca and he trusted each of these men with his life and the lives of his family.

They had all been tested in blood and fire, meaning, each one's loyalty had been put to the test and they each passed unwaveringly.

Once the men entered the warehouse, Bruno brought up the surveillance tape from the past two weeks where they had been establishing a pattern for Whitford.

When Marco had viewed that, Enzo brought him up to speed on the compound of where he'd been hiding out.

"Now, thanks to a very lovely lady in the records department and some shopping money, I was able to get the plans to the sh*tty house this stronzo's been living in" Enzo said.

He laid out the blueprints.  "One thing to our advantage is, it's a single story, so no hidden threats for an upstairs.

Second advantage.  There is a small basement, one way in, one way out.  From our surveillance, it's only guarded by one man and they change the guard every hour and a half.

Third and final advantage.  Whitford only has about twenty-five men that were willing to follow his dumb a$$.  And surprise.  All intel shows he has no idea we're coming for him."

Marco studied everything, listened to all that had been supplied to him and then made his decision.

"We'll rest up tonight.  I want all weapons and ammo counted and make sure everyone has the amount they need, weapons cleaned properly and that have the proper gear.

Once that's done, I want the men to eat, shower and rest up.  We'll strike at twenty-one hundred hours (9 pm), tomorrow night. I want each man to police his own ammo and take one, and only one, necessary shot.  The kill shot.

Whitford and his immediate men are to be taken, unharmed.  They are for me.  Capire?" He asked.

"Si, Don.  Inteso (Understood)" the men roared as a single unit.  When the men were sectioning off to do what he'd asked, Marco went somewhere quiet to make his phone call.

Carmine picked up on the first ring.  "Carmine.  All is well?" Marco asked, lighting a cigarette.  "Si, boss.  All is well.  Donna has been baking for the men.  I think that is how she is coping with all of this.

Ms. Jules and Julian are fine.  Julian received a one hundred percent on his math test and he has been asked to mentor a fellow student" Carmine told him.

Marco was very proud of Julian, and would tell him again when he saw him next.

As for his wife, he sincerely hoped she was taking care of herself. He didn't need her collapsing again from fatigue.

Marco instructed him to tell his wife that he had arrived safely and he would contact her, through Carmine, again the next night.

Puffing away on his cigarette, Marco was deep in thought about all that was at stake, when Andre came up next to him with a drink in his hand. One for him, one for Marco.

"Jules?" Andre asked. "Everyone's fine" Marco replied. "When do you plan on making an honest woman out of my sister, fratello (brother)?" Marco asked his best friend.

"Well now that you mention it, I would love to have your blessing Marco.  I love Jules.  I would do anything for her.  And" he said digging in his pocket and pulling out a box.  "I've been carrying this with me for good luck."

It was a 3

It was a 3.17 carat pink diamond heart shaped engagement ring.  "I figured if I showed you this, you would know that I was serious" Andre said.

"No more running around?" Marco grilled.  Dre shook his head.  "I'm strictly a one woman man now.  Jules has proven that she s everything I want in a woman and, whether you want to know this or not, her virginity is still intact.   Told her it was hers to give on our wedding night."

Marco turned to his best friend and second, held his glass up and said "Hai la mia benedizione, fratello (You have my blessing, brother)."

Marco hugged Dre, warning him once more not to break his sister's heart and then they finished their drinks and headed to bed.

After showering, Marco couldn't help himself.  He texted Cay.  He didn't want to take a chance on calling her from anything other than a burner phone, so texting was the next best thing.

Me:  You still awake, fiore?
Cay: I am.  Just read Julian his story and tucked him in.  He said a prayer for his father.
Me:  Don't wear yourself out, tesoro.  Carmine says you are making my men fat!
Cay:  lol!  There's no chance of that husband!  Your men are of good Italian stock and not an ounce of fat on them!
Me:  Ti amo, Cay.
Cay:  I love you too and miss you so much.  I hate how empty our bed is without you.
Me:  Just keep me close to your heart and I'll be home soon.
Cay:  Goodnight, Marco.
Me:  Goodnight, gattina.

"I'll be home soon.  I promise" Marco said out loud.