Chapter 43

~Simon's POV~

Abby's birthday is coming up. I want to do something sweet for here. She deserves it. She's been through hell and I sure as hell ain't helping it. I know I've been distant and not very caring lately, but I don't know how to feel. I mean, yes. It's my kid. But I mean, I'm 24! I don't want to tell everyone that I'm a dad.

I've decided to do some online searching for the perfect gift for her. I know she likes different sports collectibles and what not. Especially hockey. Lately she's been binge watching it. Like, I think she roots for Montreal Canadiens or something like that. So something like that'd be nice. She did get us matching jerseys so like, something would be nice like that.

Talking about matching, what if we got matching tattoos? I mean, I could do a big treasure hunt and then have a nice dinner prepared for her, then I could take her to get matching tattoos. I think about it for a few minutes and I end up shaking my head.

"Too cliché" I whisper. But the tattoos were a good idea. I open google chrome and type in the search bar matching tattoos.

A million different sites and pictures pop up. So I click google images. I see a bunch of photos and I begin scrolling through them. Eventually I found one which I liked and I knew she loved.

I felt like Abby would really like it. But if we get it, what happens if something and we split up? It costs so much money to remove tattoos. What if it's like, my version of a promise ring? Even though I already gave one to her. She could throw away a ring, or sell it. But she can't throw away or sell a tattoo. Hopefully, it never comes to that.

I hear JJ yelling out for me downstairs. I groan as I minimize the tab and stand up and leave.

"What do you want JJ?"

~Abby's POV~

"What do you want JJ?" Simon says as he jogs down the stairs. He passes me and gives me a warm comforting smile.

I walk into his room and lay on the bed. Waiting for him to return. I've decided that I'm going to ask him why he's being distant. I mean, it's understandable that he'll be distant but it's been almost seven weeks and I'm sick of it. I feel like I'm being ignored and not wanted by the father of my child.

I sit against the headboard and pick at the ring that Simon gave me. I tip my head back and I feel tears threatening to spill.

No, I refuse to cry. I don't like emotional Abby very well. If you knew me while I was in my 'teenage' years, you never would've heard Abby and cry in the same sentence. And now, I cry over a boy. What had this guy done to me? Is it good? Is it bad? I don't know, nor care. All I know is, I want the tough, hard to break Abby back. You know what? I'll get her back. From here fourth. I will not cry. I will not be emotional or take this thing between us seriously if he doesn't.

I tip my head back up and close my eyes taking long breathes in through my nose, out through my mouth. Preparing myself for what's to come.

I take off my promise ring and lay it on the white duvet in front of me.

~Simon's POV~

I walk up into my room and I see the door already open. I push it open even more and I see Abby sitting on the bed.

She reaches for her hand and removes the promise ring. She lays it in front of her. My heart feels betrayed and hurt and I can do nothing to stop it. I fucked this up. I fucked us up.

She looks up at me as if it was on cue.

"We need to talk" she says extremely calmly for this situation, if I'm reading it right.

Oh boy. Here we go...

~~~~~

I'm sorry. I've had massive writers block for the past forever and I know this is a short chapter but I haven't even written for my joint acc with Kenzie (I'm sorry babes 🖤🖤) and I've never even written a single word until today.

I love you all and thank you for the support :)

-Abby xxx