Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen:

Get in there, yeah, yeah. Get in there, yeah, yeah. Get in there, yeah, yeah. Get in there, yeah, yeah. Ay big girl make em' back it up, make em' back it up. Ay big girl make em' back it up, make em'

Doesn't it seem like whenever you need something in your purse, you can't find it? That's me right now. I can't find my phone and my ears are starting to bleed. When I finally found it, the ringtone was almost over and my rush to find it was practically useless.

"What the frick, Will?" I answered my phone. He replied with a laugh. "It's not funny! I couldn't find my phone, and this song gives me nightmares. And I'm at work, anyone could have walked in!"

Will scoffed, "Oh please, and you say I'm dramatic."

"That's different! You set my ringtone as a terrible rap song. The worst part is that it's stuck in my head," I complained, rubbing my head therapeutically even though he couldn't see me.

"So? That's not my fault."

I threw my free hand up in exasperation in the break room, "Yes it is! Not only did you set this as my ringtone, but you call me multiple times each day with no purpose at all so that I'm tortured by the ringtone." I didn't really mind him calling me daily, even if it was just to annoy me. It was nice to know that I was on his mind at least a couple times a day, whether or not it was because it wanted to me+ss with me.

"Change it to something else," Will suggested dumbly.

"Will, you know I'm terrible with technology," I whined. All I got in response was a laugh. "Okay, well, if the sole reason for this phone call was to irritate me, then you've succeeded and I should probably—"

"Actually I called for a reason," Will spoke up.

"Oh yes? And what's that reason?"

"Well you still need to come over and get the tickets for the game, are you free tonight like we had originally mentioned?" It was Friday now, and the week had passed without seeing Will much, aside from his games that were televised. Our interactions had been limited to phone calls, since when I was at work, he had practices and gym time, and when he was done for the day, I had night shifts at Eli's. I had the night off, though, and it seemed like Will was also available.

"Yes, as a matter-of-fact I am. But don't forget, I still don't know where you live," I pointed out.

"It's not that hard for me to give you my address, you know."

"You're really being a smart ass today," I mumbled under my breath, kind of hoping he would still hear.

"What's that?" He asked, pretty much daring me to call him one again.

My reply was immediate. "Nothing! Could you just text it to me? My break is about over so I've got to get going."

"Yeah that works, I'm getting ready to meet the guys at the gym so I've got to bounce."

"Bounce? Are you on a trampoline?" I asked, returning the favor of being extremely annoying, cranking it up a couple notches for kicks and giggles.

"Shut up," He laughed. "When do you think you'll be over tonight?"

"Probably sometime after work, what works best?"

"Anytime, you can just text me," He said. Then I hung up on him.

Moments later, my phone buzzed with a text from Will informing me of my poor phone etiquette and that's it's 'not polite to hang up on a hotshot baseball players.'

I scoffed and quickly typed back, 'since when are you a hotshot?'

He told me to stop with the insults or he would burn the game tickets, and after I agreed, he finally sent me his address. Before I got a chance to open it, Gavin snuck up on me.