Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

He obviously hasn't noticed me. Well, either that or he was ignoring me. Like he did the whole five months before I went off to New York. The latter seemed the most probable.

This was the first time I had actually seen him since I packed up and left. Apparently we were both pretty good at the whole avoiding each other charade.

When I saw him, my blood instantly boiled, and for many reasons. All my old anger at him seemed to be revived, and I just wanted to tackle him to the ground and tickle him to death, since I know how much he absolutely hates it and it would be more effective torture than my punches. Knowing me, I would probably dish a few slaps in there, too, unable to resist.

The thing that made me the angriest was that, after all these years, he didn't get any uglier. In fact, he was actually even more handsome than I remembered. Not only did that thought make me quite frustrated but I felt a pit in my stomach, and I knew that feeling all too well. Sadness.

Seriously, though, have the karma gods not been doing their business? Last I checked, Will was a douche. And douches should not be allowed to have such smoldering good looks.

"Sophia!" I was pulled from my trance when I heard a familiar, annoying voice that I hadn't heard in years.

I internally groaned before faking a smile and turning to face her, "Cynthia." I greeted and sure enough, my brunette ex-best friend was walking over to me with an overly huge grin on her face. Much to my frustration, she pulled me in for a hug.

"Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever!" She squealed and I grimaced. Cynthia was another reason I hadn't come back. We were really close, and had been for years, but then she did something unforgivable and we have hardly talked since. Obviously, she never realized that I disowned our friendship. She didn't even care enough to apologize for what she did, and we haven't actually talked since the incident itself.

"Yeah what a shame," I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Elise noticed, because I heard her stifle her laughter. I forced myself out of the hug and sent Cynthia my biggest and most insincere smile.

Before I could tell her I had to go, she added, "So how you been?"

I gritted my teeth, "Fine. How about you?"

"It's been so great! I mean after you left for college I was pretty bummed out for a while, but then things picked up!"

I held back a scoff, "How lovely. Well I better get going, have a nice life Cynthia." I saluted before grabbing Elise by the arm and pulling her away.

Elise didn't waste any time before giving her two sense, with an amused laugh, "Well that was cold."

I shot her a glare, "Do you really think I care? I detest her."

"What'd she do to you?" Elise asked, her voice laced with curiosity.

I sighed, "She just back stabbed me in high school." Elise furrowed her eyebrows, obviously not understanding how I was still upset over what Cynthia did. "I found her making out with my ex-boyfriend. Forty minutes after we broke up," my stomach clenched at the words.

Elise raised her eyebrows, "Wow. That was awful of her. But I've got to say, I didn't think you were the type to let a guy come between you and a friend."

In all honesty, I was kind of hurt that Elise said that, even though I knew she was kidding. The familiar stinging in my eyes came and I blinked once before sighing, "It wasn't just any guy, Elise. It was THE guy." I looked at her and saw that she still seemed skeptical. Most people are, since they don't believe that high schoolers can find their soul mates. I brushed it off, knowing she didn't understand what I was feeling. That's mainly my fault, though; she doesn't know anything about my life here.