Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen:

"Dammit," Will muttered as we approached the elevator in my building.

I smirked, but it was doubtful Will saw since I was on his back. "Is there a problem?"

I felt Will sigh, "The freaking elevator is being serviced now."

"So?"

"So?! It's nine freaking stories of stairs to your apartment!"

I scoffed, "You're a big boy, I think you can handle it." I readjusted so my arms were more secure around his neck.

Will groaned, "It's so far, and I don't think I can do it with the extra weight."

At this, I smacked him upside the head. He laughed, "Ow I was just kidding! I've carried you like a thousand times, it's not even bad."

"Good boy," I patted his head as he began the ascent up the staircase. "Has it gotten any easier since we were ten?" I asked him jokingly while pinching his cheeks.

"No shit, I actually have muscle now. I was so scrawny, it's no wonder my mom was always worried I didn't eat enough." I chuckled at the memory. Will really had the most hilarious chicken legs. "But then she would see me next to you, and then she'd calm down a little."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You were like a little munchkin, I towered over you our whole lives," He pointed out.

Again, I smacked him upside the head. "I'm taller now, aren't I?"

"Touché," Will nodded.

The rest of the climb passed in silence, which was filled by my humming of a compilation of Wrecking Ball, Blurred Lines, and Gorilla. Ironically, all were songs that I hate with a passion. Yet, right now, in my head, they blended together perfectly.

Why is that?

Will laughed as he rounded another corner. "What the hell is that?"

I let my head fall onto his shoulder, and instead of responding, I closed my eyes and kept humming along.

"Will, I think that creepy ginger put something funny in my drink," I told him as even more songs started to blend together.

"That guy was a bartender, not a kidnapper. And trust me, I watched him when he made your drink and he made it safely."

"Then what was in that drink?"

"Alcohol," Will informed me and I exhaled dramatically.

"Oh no, am I drunk?"

Will stopped. "Wait, are you just now realizing you're drunk?"

I lifted my head up. "Is that a yes?" Will had his head turned to me and he was smirking. "Did you know this all along?"

"Well yeah, you've been singing random combinations of explicit songs, with the occasional cartoon theme song thrown in."

I smacked him upside the head again, "Why didn't you tell me before?!"

Will sighed, "For someone so smart, you can be pretty dense."

"I don't think I've ever been drunk before though," I informed him. Yeah, I know, I'm really lame. But drinking never really interested me. Plus, when I was a freshman, one of the older kids at my high school drove drunk and ended up crashing into a tree and killing himself. I like to be in control of myself, because I don't want anything to happen to me like it did to Joseph Kelly. Poor guy, it was a pretty big deal for our little town.