Chapter 7

Chapter Seven:

"I'm too jet lagged to work!" Elise groaned as we both were about ready to head out to work for that fine Monday morning.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her complaining, "Elise, you can't be jet lagged. We went to the same time zone, and the flight was hardly even an hour."

Elise made a face at me, clearly annoyed with my lack of sympathy for her situation. "Well whatever Sophia I'm tired, was that not obvious?" She snapped and I raised my eyebrows in amusement.

Elise is one of those people who truly treasures her sleep. That's why she sleep so late, and she normally is asleep in bed between 9 and 10 on work nights. When she doesn't get the amount she needs, she practically turns in to the hulk. Much to my dismay, she hasn't turned green yet.

She looked at me and noticed my expression before sighing and adding, "I'm sorry, you know how I am when I don't re-energize."

I scoffed, "Yes I do, and more often than not I'm the victim."

She glared at me, and punched my shoulder "Shut up!" Fortunately she laughed afterwards, so I knew that she was kidding, at least a little bit.

I stuck my tongue out at her as we both grabbed our work purses and any other necessary folders. When got into the elevator, and I asked "Oh right so since it's the first Monday of the month, my office has food delivered for lunch. Should I try to smuggle some for us for dinner?"

Hey, don't judge. As I've said, Elise and I are both young girls, living in the city with rent and student loans to pay off. We take what we can get. Even if it is from the break room.

Elise shrugged, "Sure. We could always order in pizza if that doesn't work, then we have leftovers for the week."

I nodded in agreement. The elevator hit the bottom floor, and we both walked out the lobby to hail a taxi.

"See you back here around 5:30," I told Elise as I hopped in a taxi, with a smug expression because I got one first. We always had a contest of who could pull one over the quickest.

She glared at me as her taxi pulled up, "Fine." I laughed at her as I got in and took off.

Now I feel like I look at the city differently. It's weird for me to know that Will is here too. He could be nearby or all the way across town. Guess I'll never know though.

I was deep in my Will rampage that it took me a minute to notice we had stopped in front of my office building. "Um, Miss?" The foreign taxi driver pointed at the meter with my price then outside at my office building. Rude. I tossed him the fare and quickly scurried out of the cab.

I stared up at my building, groaned internally, and entered. I could already tell it would be a long Monday until five o'clock.

*****

Lunch. Finally. I surveyed the food options, and none of it looked appetizing. Seriously, it looked like junior high cafeteria food. Gross. But at least it was the type of food that would fit in my purse without a mess, I guess.

Gavin snuck up beside me and tapped my shoulder, making me jump a foot in the air. I mean, who likes to be surprised when they are having thoughts of stealing food on their mind?

He chuckled, "Did I scare you?"

"Little bit," I wiped the imaginary sweat off my forehead.

"Sorry! I was just going to ask if you wanted to grab a bite to eat at that little deli on the corner of the block. Because if you ask me, this food looks like crap," he lowered his voice as to not offend the chefs who had set up the tables of food.