Chapter 16

Shout out to @Kiss_me_my_love for taking the time to make me this beautiful banner! You are awesome!

---

Chapter Sixteen:

It was now Friday, and I was starting to internally freak out.

First of all, now that things were different between us since our last planned time together, I was very anxious as to how this meeting would go with Will. Plus, I wondered what we would be doing, and if there would be a ton of his fan girls there. The thought made me gag a little.

Those questions were attached on to the endless list of other possible scenarios for the night. And all my wondering pretty much preoccupied my entire work day.

Scratch that, work week.

"God, this place sucks. I wish there was like a splash of color on the wall somewhere. I mean did you ever know a place could be so boring?" An annoying voice spat, snapping me from my worries.

Don't think about it, it will just annoy you. Think happy thoughts.

"The only thing that gets me up and out of bed in the morning is knowing I get to that fine-as-hell Gavin. Am I right, ladies?"

A chorus of agreement is what fully took me away from my happy place. Goodbye chocolate fountains, goodbye puppies, and goodbye peace and quiet. When I snapped back to reality, I was surrounded by four barely tan walls and six very annoying people. The especially painful voice was Allison's. She was popping her bright pink bubble gum obnoxiously, too, as for usual.

Collin, the pervy intern that hits on everyone, was also there. Along with four other interns that I don't have any interest in getting to know. It's more than enough knowing Collin and Allison, I don't need the extra mind clutter.

"That's complete shit! I can take that guy," Collin said while he shoved a handful of chips into his mouth. There was so many in his hand, though, that when the chips crumpled, little pieces either fell messily on to the table or stuck to his face.

Even though I hadn't been listening to their conversation at all, I accidentally let a chuckle slip out. Gavin would never behave so childishly in public.

Collin's eyes darted to mine before narrowing. "What are you laughing at, blondie?"

I raised my eyebrows at his immaturity, and Allison answered for me. "She's laughing at how completely stupid you sound," she snapped with a smirk.

Collin looked back to me and I shrugged before going back to my salad. This is the first and most likely only time I will agree with anything the red lipped bimbo has to say.

"No she's not! Sophia, tell her how hot and ripped you think I am!" Collin ordered and I made a face.

"Ha ha! She agrees with me. You're a pig, Collin!" Allison insulted, quite weakly I might add.

"Nuh uh!" Collin retorted.

"Yes too!"

I rubbed my temple to ease the growing headache, "Good Lord, you guys, we're grown adults, can you try not to act like five year olds?"

Why must Gavin have meetings and appointments all day? I'm dying here with the absence of intellect and sensibility. I tried to ignore their next comments, and thankfully my ringing phone interrupted them.

"Hello?" I slid to answer my phone without checking who it was. Anyone on the other end of the line would be an improvement from my current company, so I wasted no time answering.