Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen:

"Now everyone report to the dance floor, to the dance floor, to the dance floor."

"What the hell is that?" Will asked with a chuckle as I sat up to look through my blankets.

Completely messing up my bed, I replied, "The ringtone my roommate, Elise, was so kind to assign to herself."

"Now everyone report to the dance floor, alright now stop! Pajama time."

"Eminem. Wow," He commented. "I didn't know you crossed over to rap."

I rolled my eyes, "I haven't. She only set this as my ringtone so I would pick up the phone quicker. This is a god awful song. It get stuck in my head for days on end!"

Will chuckled at my misery as I continued to tear my bed apart, "Sounds like she is good for you.

"Come here little kiddies! On my lap, and guess who's back with a brand new rap and I don't mean rap as in a new case of child mol—"

Thank god I found my phone under my pillow and answers it before this nasty ringtone could go on any longer. "Hello?" I said into my phone while brushing my hair away from my face.

"Sophia! Thank goodness!" Elise's panicked voice sounded.

I sighed while sitting back to lean against my headboard. "Yeah it's me, I'm sorry I didn't call yesterday."

She let out a breath on the other end, "It's okay, you just worried me that's all."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"It's fine, it's fine, as long as you're alright." There was a pause and I heard Elise mutter a few colorful words. A small smile played my lips as I realized she must be scurrying to get ready. "So where are you right now?"

"I'm in Ramsey, at my parent's house. In my old bedroom."

"How is everything?" Elise asked quietly.

"Well my grandpa passed away," She gasped and I added, "So you could say it's not going well."

"Oh Sophia! I'm so sorry to hear that! I would fly up there in an instant to be with you, but I can't take any more time off work and plane tickets cost so much—"

"Don't worry about it," I assured her. I understood her position, and she didn't need to travel all the way up here to support me. I'm doing fine.

I'm fine.

"God, I just feel so sad for you!" She said, sympathy in her voice.

I held back a sigh, "It's okay." But it's not. "I'm okay, everything is under control up here."

"Are you sure? I can try to find a way there if—"

"No it's okay, hold down the fort while I'm gone," I tried to tease.

"Any idea when you're coming back?" She wondered.

"The memorial service is Thursday, and I don't know when I'll be back. I might stay through the weekend, or leave Thursday night. I'm not sure yet."

"Okay well take your time! I don't want you to feel rushed to get back."

I smiled. Elise is so thoughtful. "I'll keep you posted."

"Thanks. Hey, by the way, that hunky piece of man, Gavin, stopped by last night."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Gavin stopped by?"

"Yeah he did, he wanted to see what was wrong apparently. He asked where you were, and I told him that you weren't here and that he could just call you."