xxiv.

"Minghao," said male's mom smiled as she watched her son step through the front door. "How was school?"

"It was good" Minghao replies and slips off his shoes.

"Minghao," his mother calls once more as her son had placed his foot on the first step of the stairs. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Minghao laughs, a bit awkwardly but he hopes his mother doesn't catches it. "What do you mean?"

"I know you're gay."

The boy almost chokes on his spit. He doesn't know how to react. He doesn't know what to say, or who to blame. Did Junhui tell? Or did she just put two-and-two together? Oh, he hopes it's the second one because if Junhui told he'd have to kill him. But his mother doesn't reply, showing him that she's waiting for an answer and that he can't back away. "Whe-Where did you get this from?" his mouth was suddenly so dry.

"Minghao, you know you can tell me anything." she's so calm and Minghao hates it.

Though he's completely lost for words, he licks his bottom lip and musters up the courage to ask her the right question. "Would you accept me?"

"Of course, baby," her voice is so sweet, so soft. It makes Minghao's heart hurt because he'll be so torn if she ever turned back on her word. "You're my son, why wouldn't I?"

And all Minghao has to respond is, "Dad."

"So you are." her voice is hushed now, as if him being gay was forbidden. "How long?"

"Since I met MingMing,"

"Middle... School? So young?"

Minghao can only nod. He's so scared right now, because his mother is scary when she's angry and he can hear the build up in her voice. She'll either go back on her word and scream at him, or she'll let it slide. But somehow, just somehow, it'll slip to his father. This can't happen, though. Not now, not while he has Mingyu.

"Are you dating?" Minghao knows she's trying her best to stay calm so he just nods. "Is it... That Mingyu kid?" another nod.

It's silent for minutes more and Minghao's heart is beating so fast. He's never been so scared, so shaky, so nervous. He didn't know if he should speak. Nothing would have come out anyways.

"Are you happy?" her tone kept changing and Minghao was left to clench onto the side of his pants.

"Yes," he croaks, biting his bottom lip. His inhales deeply, staring at his mother dead on.

"You don't have to be so tensed," she said, walking over to her son. "I swear I won't tell your father."

Minghao just nods before running up to his room, not wanting to hear anymore. Throwing his backpack down and sitting on his bed, he pulls out his phone to text Junhui.

----
im tired its like 1 am rn gn
its actually 11 am and im in class