viii.

Minghao sits beside Mingyu, Wonwoo across them. Minghao sits quietly as the two joke about things. He sips on his iced tea before staring out at the window. The other two are engaged in a long conversation and Minghao pays no mind it since he barely understands. After a while, Wonwoo stands, declaring he needs to use the bathroom. Mingyu turns so that his body is facing Minghao.

"What?" Minghao asks, noticing the Mingyu who had a smile on his face.

Mingyu shakes his head before turning back around. "What did you do today?"

Minghao laughs, "The same things you've done. Except some things,"

Wonwoo returns and sits back down. Minghao turns away and stays quiet. After a while, they all decide to leave. Wonwoo goes back to his place and Minghao invites Mingyu over.

Once they've reached Minghao's house, he unlocks the door as Mrs. Xu walks out the kitchen.

"Welcome back-" she starts, but stops when she notices Mingyu. "Hello." she smiles and Mingyu bows.

"Hello, my name is Kim Mingyu. I have been helping Minghao with his Korean." Mingyu replies in Mandarin.

"Thank you for helping my boy," she smiles just before Minghao runs upstairs. Mingyu smiles back before he follows Minghao up.

"Your mom's nice," Mingyu laughs as he shuts the door.

"Then you'll probably like my dad, too." Minghao mumbles, organizing things on his desk. Mingyu walks up to him and peers over his shoulder to grab a book.

"What is this?" Minghao turns to face him but when he notices that their faces are close he heats up.

"That-That's a book my dad used to read to me," he mumbles, quickly looking back down at his textbooks. Mingyu's mouth forms an O as he backs away. He sits down on Minghao's bed and Minghao sits down besides him.

"Can I read it?" Mingyu asks and Minghao nods. "To you?"

Minghao blinks before he nods again, his face a little red. Mingyu smiled and it makes Minghao's heart skip a beat.

---
UM