epilogue

Kunpimook hasn't received any form of contact from Yugyeom in quite a while that he's honestly starting to wonder if Yugyeom has already deleted his number.

Well, he won't blame him if he has. Kunpimook hasn't really been making any effort either to contact him either. With all the international flights and sudden photoshoots scheduled for him, he hasn't been getting on his phone very much except to reply to the texts he gets, a lot of them from Momo.

And no, he and Momo are not together anymore, she just suddenly cut off their relationship just a few weeks ago for a reason she didn't want to tell him.

He also hasn't seen Yugyeom ever since the night he and Momo and him and Jungyeom got together for that party. He can't even recall anything that happened.

Seriously, he really doesn't. He can only remember Momo telling him that he was hugging Yugyeom like he was his teddy bear and Yugyeom didn't seem to want to let go.

Now, it's been eight months since that night, five months since they last contacted each other, and now, he's heading over to his house for the first time in a long time. It's possibly just because of the feeling that Kunpimook has to apologize to him, and maybe, well, maybe Yugyeom could give him another chance at their already broken relationship, which has absolutely nothing to do with their best friendship, mind you.

It's a stupid thought, but maybe it could work? Kunpimook seems to like Yugyeom better because he understands him more than Momo does, most likely because they are best friends.

Kunpimook is now standing in front of Yugyeom's doorstep, hand already poised in front of the door and he's hesitating.

Five minutes later, he and Yugyeom are sitting on opposite sides of the couch. Kunpimook is fidgeting, fingers tapping everywhere and Yugyeom is simply silent. He doesn't blame Yugyeom for being quiet, of course he will be quiet, his best friend just popped up out of nowhere on his doorstep after so long.

And the fact that he just came with the news that he and Momo broke up and he wants to get back together again probably doesn't make Yugyeom feel any more comfortable.

Then, after what feels like an eternity, Yugyeom speaks up, and Kunpimook snaps his head to look at him. "I'm actually going out on dates with somebody else right now."

Kunpimook doesn't know what to feel about that, he's waiting for Yugyeom to say more, but he doesn't. He asks who is Yugyeom dating, if it's Jungkook.

"Well, uh, I tried to go out with a girl for a change. Her name is Yerin."

A girl. Kunpimook freezes. "Is it working out between you two?"

Yugyeom laughs, shaking his head. "Unfortunately, no, but we're sort of forcing it to work."

"Why?"

Again, he laughs. This time, he's shrugging, his broad shoulders fitting his shirt perfectly. "I honestly have no idea."

Yugyeom's more relaxed now, his form falling more comfortable into the sofa, and Kunpimook is starting to realize that no, Yugyeom has completely moved on over him and is simply going to be just friends with him now. Exactly like what Kunpimook said to Yugyeom so long ago.

It's ironic how they have switched places now. He doesn't even deserve Yugyeom anymore.

When Kunpimook speaks up, it's about more casual topics. He doesn't bring up the topic of them possibly dating again, he doubts Yugyeom even has romantic feelings for him still.

Hours later, after they have talked and caught up on so many things, promising to contact more often and to treat each other to dinner someday, Kunpimook stands up, feeling rather contented, a wide smile on his lips. Yugyeom is also grinning, and Kunpimook cannot help but want to take a photo of him at that moment.

"Do you really want to date Yerin, though?" He blurts out. After hours, talking about Yerin seems to be more a tease now than an actual serious topic.

"Maybe, she's pretty cute." Yugyeom replies, shrugging, getting up as well and walking with him to the door despite the fact that his house isn't really big and Kunpimook knows his house very well.

Yugyeom reaches over, his hand on the doorknob and eyes looking into Kunpimook's. The smile on his face is still there, but Kunpimook thinks it has formed a more reminiscing smile, as if Yugyeom is remembering the good memories they have shared before everything turned out wrongly and Kunpimook started dating Momo.

"See you again soon, BamBam?"

Kunpimook nods. "Of course. I'll be going now. Goodbye, Yugyeom."

"Bye." Yugyeom smiles again, opening the door for him now, and Kunpimook returns it.

"And I love you, you know?"

Yugyeom freezes, the smile flickering off his lips momentarily and his eyes losing focus, but by the next split second, he's back to happy Kim Yugyeom again. "Yes, of course."

__________

i honestly don't even know what this is lololol ;; sort of sad, though..?
and this is now, officially, the end of fly.
i have a new yugbam in my drafts, though, so i hope you guys read that, too, when it's up in a few months.