Chapter 43: Getting Heated

Start from the beginning

"Ryan? What'd he do now? Did he text you?"

I let out a sigh and flipped over to my back, "no..."

"Then what's wrong love?" He said, laying his head on my chest.

"He's back..."

Tension filled the room as we sat in silence.

"What do you mean– why would he—"

"My school transferred him there as a temporary substitute..."

Colin lifted his head and looked into my eyes. He didn't speak, he just stared... It felt like I was looking at a stranger.

He laid back down on his back and looked up to the ceiling with his hands over his face, "goodnight Savannah..."

Goodnight Savannah? Really?

It had been a long time since he said my name like that. Ever since we'd been officially dating, he would use sweet nicknames and kiss me goodnight. Tonight he didn't even do so much as give me a high five...

"Goodnight Colin...."

* * *

I woke up to my alarm clock at 6:30 the next morning and debated whether to get up or not. I didn't want to go to school... especially since Ryan was teaching, but I also didn't want to get expelled for not showing up.

I fought with myself for a while and decided It'd be best if I went... maybe I'd get lucky and we'd have a new substitute, since Ryan practically made a fool of the assistant principal and slammed the door on him.

I carefully got out of bed, making sure not to wake Colin, and grabbed my clothes from the closet. Once I gathered everything, I headed downstairs and hopped in the shower.

I was completely dreading school... more than usual. Normally a hot shower could relieve all of my tension and worries, but not today. The last time Ryan and I spoke, we were on good terms... I couldn't understand why being a teacher changed anything, especially since it was only bringing him closer to Reece.

I was completely thrown off from my thoughts when I felt someone's arms wrap around my neck.

"Don't move," he whispered, hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder, "or else I'll be forced to pin you down and tie your hands behind your back..."

I let out a delicate laugh as he released his grip, and his hands made their way elsewhere.

"Colin," I said impulsively, turning around to face him, "what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to ease your nerves... just relax love"

He gripped my waist and pushed me against the shower wall, causing me to lose my balance.

"Easy there tiger, I'm slipping," I laughed, reaching out to grab the closest item in view.

"I'd love to hear that more often," he smirked, "would going down be such a bad thing?"

I gave him a disappointing look and continued with my shower.

"Colin you have to let me finish... as hot as you are, I'm on a schedule. I have to be at school in less than an hour and—"

"Why are you in such a rush to see Ryan?"

"I'm not, I'm just in a rush to get to my class," I explained, "don't be jealous—"

"I'm not jealous... I know that I could teach you far more advanced things," he said suggestively, raising an eyebrow.

I smiled at him, and opened the door to get out. He followed behind, turning off the shower in the process. I bent down and grabbed a towel from the cabinet below the sink.

"Let me help," he said, pressing his body against mine and taking the towel from my hand.

I watched water droplets roll down his chest as he unfolded the towel and began using it as an excuse to put his hands on me.

I was getting caught up in the moment when I saw the clock and realized I only had fifteen minutes left to put on my clothes and do my hair.

"Colin," I groaned, pushing the towel back against him, "I have to finish getting ready..."

"I think you look great... you should dress like this more often—"

"In nothing?" I smirked

"Exactly..."

I gave him a kiss and began putting on my clothes. Midway through, I glanced over and saw Colin gawking at me.

"Having fun?" I asked uncomfortably.

"Mmhmm" he moaned, letting out a heavy breath of air.

I studied his hand placement and a smile crept onto my face.

"Okay well, don't break anything over there..." I murmured, making his face flush with embarrassment, "hey, at least you already have a towel!"

Colin stood up and walked over to me, pulling on his briefs, repositioning himself, and tugging his shirt over his head.

"I helped you," he said lustfully, biting his lip and combing his fingers through his wet hair, "wanna return the favor?"