Chapter 30 (Aspens POV)

Hey! So you want to know what really happened??? READ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 30

(Aspens POV)

Maxon cut me off on the stair case he wanted to get to America first and some how he knew who I was... He ran down the rest of the stairs with me trailing behind him. He suddenly quickened into a sprint. Suddenly I heard a scream. It was my duty as a guard to help them so I turned around and raced up the stairs instead of down. The scream was coming from America's room.

I ran in and turned the corner, there were rebels climbing in from the window, Lucy, one of America's maids was screaming. She was terrified... I would be to if there were murderers climbing into my window... My mind raced back to America, if I save her maid she will love me again! I went up to the rebels still climbing, I kicked the balcony hard, it shook the whole thing down to the climbing rebels. 2 of the 3 fell to the ground, I think one landed on the arm and snapped it. The one that managed to hang on began to climb again.

He reached the top and I punched him in the jaw. He looked taken back, but he kneed me in the side "Where is she!" The guard hissed. I punched his nose and kicked at him as he grabbed my leg. "Like I'd tell you.' He smirked, then twisted my leg. I spun to the ground. He laughed, "You fool, Say goodbye to your life." I heard him click a bullet into the chamber of his gun. I swept his feet and he collapsed to the ground. His gun skidded across the floor. I looked back at Lucy who was fumbling with the door knob. She saw me pick up the gun and she stared at me frozen in place like a deer in headlights.

  I put the gun against the rebel’s temple. Lucy screamed again, "Please sir don't shoot him, even if he is for the rebels by killing him you will be no better than him! You can't rob this man of his life his ways could change, just knock him out and throw him in the dungeon!" She yelled. I looked at the rebel who was now on his knees begging for his life. I gripped him by the neck. "You’re lucky she was here to save you, she has a good heart, but mine could never be that nice." I threw him to the ground, more guards showed up at the door of America's bedroom. Take him to the dungeon." I said to them. They looked confused as to why I didn't kill him. They nodded and went into action. I looked back at Lucy. She looked relieved but still terrified.

Lucy walked up and hugged me, "Thank you sir, what's your name.” I looked her in the eye, "My name?" I asked, she nodded, "Aspen Leger." I said she smiled, "thank you Aspen Leger. You are a true hero." She said then curtsied. Then she ran out the door to meet the rest of the maids and butlers in their secret room.

I ran out into the garden, I looked around, praying Maxon got America to safety. If he didn't I swear I would hurt him so bad! America! Lady America!" I screamed, I prayed I would get an answer back. I heard murmurs coming from around the corner suddenly a rebel jumped out, I was filled with rage, I had enough of these guys, I stepped back realizing I had left the gun in America's room. My rage boiled inside of me, "Who are you! And what have you done with Lady America!" I yelled, I was terrified.

He didn't answer me I opened my mouth to yell at him again, but he pulled out a gun I took a step back he aimed the gun at me and everything went slow, the crackling sound of the gun went off. I felt a sudden sharp pain in my chest. I collapsed to the ground on my knees, my mouth left parted. My world began to spin, my head ached, my vision began to blur. America! My mind screamed but the words got stuck in my throat, I wanted to apologize I wanted her to forgive me, I never meant for any of this to happen, and now I will die as a criminal in her eyes, the only thing I ever wanted was for her forgiveness. I had to try, I mumbled the words, "I'm Sorry."

T    H   E   N          E    V    E    R   Y   T   H    I   N    G        W   E   N   T        B   L   A   C   K.

In writing this chapter I had to admit, Yes I teared up, even if it was Aspen... But when you write from his prospective you realize that you somehow.... Pity him... Don't get me wrong I'm still for sure on team maxon!